• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Was told by Gwinnett Co HS coach that Jeremy Hecklinski is best QB not named Air Noland, Dylan Raiola, or Julian Lewis in the state of Georgia. Hasn't filled out/finished growing yet but said he'd be high 4 or low 5 star if he were about 2 inches taller and 20 lbs heavier.
He crushed it at the classic, against solid defensive players too

Was told by Gwinnett Co HS coach that Jeremy Hecklinski is best QB not named Air Noland, Dylan Raiola, or Julian Lewis in the state of Georgia. Hasn't filled out/finished growing yet but said he'd be high 4 or low 5 star if he were about 2 inches taller and 20 lbs heavier.
So, if he was somebody else. It sounds like he is a good one without the added measurables.

I'm pretty confident he can add 20lbs, regardless. Hopefully he waits until after signing day on the 2 inches. If that happens, I'll grow a couple inches!

Assuming 6'0 is accurate, that's plenty tall for a college QB. Bryce Young and Kyler Murray are 5'10. 6'2 would just help his draft profile, which would be cool and all, but I'd prefer him to just ball out and win games for Wake Forest.

Assuming 6'0 is accurate, that's plenty tall for a college QB. Bryce Young and Kyler Murray are 5'10. 6'2 would just help his draft profile. That would be cool and all, but I'd prefer him to just ball out and win games for Wake Forest.
Just pointing out the obvious about Young and Murray's draft profiles.

Julian Lewis (QB 2026) to Southern Cal, btw.

Better get used to typing this name, Hecklinski. Jeremy is sticking with Wake Forest imho.

Am I the only one who is concerned by what seems like an odd throwing motion?
Yes and no.

If you look at his throws in the pocket he has a little cleaner throwing motion

Problem is these are HS kids who grew up watching Mahomes. They even learn this weird throwing crap and work on throwing off back foot, or the short stop throw in “QB Camps”.

That being said I have zero doubt he will be fine in college and our staff will clean stuff up

odd throwing motions are probably a good thing for our offense since our qb is often super close to the LOS and need to use funky arm angles to get the ball out, esp also since they are usually short.

Back