• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Weaver is one of our most underrated Deacs. He's been a reliable kicker for four years, but we've never considered him to be as "automatic" as he is. Honestly, we've taken good kicking for granted for years now.

I'd kill to have had Weaver for the last 3 years.....

Good to hear Aaron Curry back commenting on recruiting. Always nice to have the NFL alums putting in a good word for the guys the staff picks.

I'm sure the recruits like getting retweeted by a former NFL Deac.

I'm sure the recruits like getting retweeted by a former NFL Deac.

Especially one who signed for like 40 million or something crazy...Regardless of how his career went, that kind of money speaks volumes to croots.

Great to have Aaron actively back in the Wake family. Great for the football program. Not many Deacs have been better or more fun to watch.

I still can't believe he flamed out in the NFL

Curry was the best defensive college player I've ever watched in person. His range was unbelievable.

Curry was the best defensive college player I've ever watched in person. His range was unbelievable.

His trajectory reminded me of Brian Bosworth. Bosworth took steroids to get huge but he too had unbelievable range and was just an amazing tackler - in college. I would think it was something about Curry's frame, like Bosworth. Not suggesting steroids at all in Curry's case. Just that most 240lb pro linebackers are naturally 240, could be higher but Curry may simply not have had the frame to keep 240 on in a way that allowed him to remain a freak athlete into his 20s. I believe he had a bunch of nagging injuries not too dissimilar from Bosworth's pro career.

His trajectory reminded me of Brian Bosworth. Bosworth took steroids to get huge but he too had unbelievable range and was just an amazing tackler - in college. I would think it was something about Curry's frame, like Bosworth. Not suggesting steroids at all in Curry's case. Just that most 240lb pro linebackers are naturally 240, could be higher but Curry may simply not have had the frame to keep 240 on in a way that allowed him to remain a freak athlete into his 20s. I believe he had a bunch of nagging injuries not too dissimilar from Bosworth's pro career.

I think it was more of a chronic knee problem versus nagging injuries.

Clawson always has an interesting head tilt in all of his recruit pictures.

It's a headless cut-out of Clawson's body that is adjustable in size to whoever stands next to it. They then photoshop his head onto the cutout. This way, anyone can get his/her picture made with Clawson. BKF used it on his Christmas cards this year.

Wasn't Curry's biggest problem that he couldn't cover receivers in the passing game?

Same. I was at the clemson night game in WS and the clemson guys were literally falling/laying down/giving up before Curry had a chance to hit them. Never seen that before, especially at a school like clemson.

Back