• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

I wonder if using the Northwestern algorithm has resulted in a more under the radar recruiting effort.

Here's a Scout article from February.
[h=1]The Four-Star OL No One Knows[/h] [h=2]Washington, D.C., Maret's Devonte Gordon is a four-star offensive lineman, and a four-star prospect, but not many schools know about him.[/h]
http://www.scout.com/college/footba...ayer-in-Washington-DC-is-yet-to-be--103101625

Here is a hoops mixtape from 2 years ago.

His commitment tweet.

I believe Scout downgraded Devonte Gordon from a 4 star to a 3 star this year.

Yeah. He's still 4* on Rivals though. I'll take it.

From his offer list, he probably is overrated, but you never know. Regardless, he will definitely drop in the rankings since he committed to us, but ultimately who cares I guess.

I watched his hudl video. He looks like a man among boys. Maybe it's the level of competition that has him down graded. (DeacorDie is correct as well). He moves well, but must get more flexible in order to take on ACC DEs. Welcome Gordo!

Welcome Devonte!

Thrilled to have you join the Wake family.

6' 6" 275 and quick I love it.

From same (small, private) DC school as incoming frosh Coby Davis

I love this guy already. Talk shit about state, commit to wake, and be a 4 star? Yeah, I'm on board for that.

Yeah. All within a few days of getting an offer.

Man, how do you take advantage of a quote like that if you're a classy coach like Clawson? "People are saying NC State has bad academics."

What a difference a 4* commit makes to this board.

Wow Wolpfack fans will not be happy with that quote. Seriously though, NCSU has great Engineering and Veterinary programs but otherwise, not so much.

Back