• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

There's no telling what appeals to some of these kids. Seems like a rare day when Wake is viewed a better football prospect than State and UVa. Glad we found him.

Wonder if the NW recruiting algorithm identified Gordon as a prospect? If so, it worked. Commitment within days of the offer.

There's no telling what appeals to some of these kids. Seems like a rare day when Wake is viewed a better football prospect than State and UVa. Glad we found him.

Does this count as a recruiting win over conference opponents, or did he need to lay out hats for it to count?

I watched Gordon's highlight film and was very impressed-- he pancaked most guys. I know the talent was inferior, but he stayed with blocks a long time an seems to have his head on straight! Cannot wait to see him open holes for our RBs!

Does this count as a recruiting win over conference opponents, or did he need to lay out hats for it to count?

I actually considered this question myself. IMO, it's a "win" of sorts, but not a head-to-head "battle" that I referred to earlier in the thread, and what I was speaking to at that time.

Ha ha ha

Gordon is right- at least according to USN&WR: :thumbsup:

#24 UVA
#27 Wake
#92 Cow College

Love it when WF lands athletic recruits that are late starters in football (particularly lineman). Lots of upside, not lots of wear and tear. Can't coach athleticism, but if Gordon has that, have no doubt that our staff can make up for the lack of football experience.

2018 Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Watch his hoops mixtape. He looks like what you'd want an interior lineman to look like playing hoops.

I imagine the NW algorithm identified Gordon. He's in the Wake wheelhouse. Highly rated. Underrecruited from an underrecruited "state." Small private school. Teammate already committed. Been saying for years Wake needs to clean up with private school kids for whom Wake won't be too much of a culture shock.

I'm really excited about this algorithm. I've been hoping Wake would use something like this.

Love it when WF lands athletic recruits that are late starters in football (particularly lineman). Lots of upside, not lots of wear and tear. Can't coach athleticism, but if Gordon has that, have no doubt that our staff can make up for the lack of football experience.

Another thing that usually goes with lack of football experience is lack of deeply ingrained bad habits. Worse than no experience is experience doing the wrong thing.

Another thing that usually goes with lack of football experience is lack of deeply ingrained bad habits. Worse than no experience is experience doing the wrong thing.

Good point as long as a kid is coachable.

Law partner has a kid that is a hs qb. His kid went to some camp here with Newman this past weekend. Apparently there were some relatively heavy hitters there like Narcisse from LSU and the new OSU kid whoever that is. Said Newman lacked the arm strength of those guys but held his own and was probably in the top 3rd of campers FWIW.

What camps are current college QBs going to like a week before Fall practice starts?

Watch his hoops mixtape. He looks like what you'd want an interior lineman to look like playing hoops.

I imagine the NW algorithm identified Gordon. He's in the Wake wheelhouse. Highly rated. Underrecruited from an underrecruited "state." Small private school. Teammate already committed. Been saying for years Wake needs to clean up with private school kids for whom Wake won't be too much of a culture shock.

I'm really excited about this algorithm. I've been hoping Wake would use something like this.

Do you mean interior as in a guard or center prospect or as in just one of the 5 linemen? Think he would have been a Tackle for NCSU if we had gotten him. Think he and Gabe Gonzalez were competing for a spot so will be interesting to see how those guys pan out through the next 4-5 years. Looks like you guys got a good one.

Back