• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Has to be. He couldn't play for Wake if he wasn't still enrolled at Wake.

Cooley could sign scholarship paperwork for the next semester at another school and still be eligible for this bowl game. Liberty’s Spring semester doesn’t begin until January 16th

I’m not defending Liberty. I don’t care. I just don’t see the point of trying to make yourself feel good about yourself by trashing someone else. It’s such a childish attitude and makes the board seem like a bunch of middle schoolers. Maybe it is.
Yea and they were “born” in only 1971 and already have an endowment about the same size as ours at $1.7 billion. Plus some mighty fine facilities. We just need to worry about our own stuff and quit trashing other schools. Most put out some great grads regardless of the politics you go by

Found out my alma mater had some sketchy stuff going on administratively, small conservative town. Didn’t know until I graduated. Was too busy with 80 hour weeks of practice, weights, school, tutors, and what social life we could muster, etc.
I don’t hold it against any Liberty athlete (transfers or otherwise) for not keeping up with the QaNon stuff going on there.

Found out my alma mater had some sketchy stuff going on administratively, small conservative town. Didn’t know until I graduated. Was too busy with 80 hour weeks of practice, weights, school, tutors, and what social life we could muster, etc.
I don’t hold it against any Liberty athlete (transfers or otherwise) for not keeping up with the QaNon stuff going on there.
I’m not holding it against them. They want to play and that may be their best option. But to suggest they are excused from not knowing what is going on there is ludicrous IMO.

Not the top of their priorities. Isn’t Falwell gone? They may have seen the most recent documentary which ended in him being gone

Not the top of their priorities. Isn’t Falwell gone? They may have seen the most recent documentary which ended in him being gone
That’s fine. But being uninformed or willfully ignorant about issues is not a valid excuse. If you are at that school then you are approving what they do. Especially if you represent them which athletes do.

That’s fine. But being uninformed or willfully ignorant about issues is not a valid excuse. If you are at that school then you are approving what they do. Especially if you represent them which athletes do.
?

Means that most liberals hate Christians and here it is, two days before Christmas, remembering the birth of Christ and what he did for all Mankind!
I always wondered why we don't celebrate his birth in his actual birth month. Instead someone chose December 25th instead.

Means that most liberals hate Christians and here it is, two days before Christmas, remembering the birth of Christ and what he did for all Mankind!

Fact is most liberals have more beliefs in common with Christ than many of the dogma-retconning, self-appointed charlatans who claim to represent and speak for Christianity. The main reason many of us don't run around proclaiming our allegiance is because we don't like the fact that a bunch of awful people have been allowed to conscript religion to serve their nefarious purposes.

I don't want to cause any bad feelings toward anyone, but I am surprised at the vitriol against Liberty. Obviously biased since I have two grandchildren there. Their father, my son is a West Point graduate and his family chose Liberty and are very happy. Terrible scandal about Folwell, but they cleaned it up. Along with their class work, every student is required to do some type of community service. I'm quite sure most colleges and universities have had some type of wrongdoing, I wonder just how much some of the people trashing the school know that much about it. A lot of schools have different beliefs and customs but that doesn't make them terrible schools because one may disagree about those beliefs. I guess bottom line I just don' believe in trashing other schools. I love Wake and that is enough for me

I don't want to cause any bad feelings toward anyone, but I am surprised at the vitriol against Liberty. Obviously biased since I have two grandchildren there. Their father, my son is a West Point graduate and his family chose Liberty and are very happy. Terrible scandal about Folwell, but they cleaned it up. Along with their class work, every student is required to do some type of community service. I'm quite sure most colleges and universities have had some type of wrongdoing, I wonder just how much some of the people trashing the school know that much about it. A lot of schools have different beliefs and customs but that doesn't make them terrible schools because one may disagree about those beliefs. I guess bottom line I just don' believe in trashing other schools. I love Wake and that is enough for me
Really? It is a garbage school that is masquerading as a college. In my field, they don’t even teach close to what every other institution of higher learning considers to be fact. It shouldn’t even be accredited. That’s before your add in all of their bigoted policies.

Will your grandchildren get the same degree as a kid from Idaho who takes all classes online?

Doesn't Liberty require students to attend speaker series and fine them if not in attendance?

Some people just got to carry their personal stuff into this place. I guess we will never understand it.

Back