• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Well, it was on into the '60s and I took it, required, just like chapel was twice a week then. It was not a religious doctrine class, it was a history class, but about the Bible. Chapel was a student assembly with various guest speakers/programs, some very good. It was rather unique, I thought, the entire student body was together for a session. (until we got too big and Wait wouldn't hold everybody) And, I will admit that once on your final semester to graduate, most skipped them.

Well, it was on into the '60s and I took it, required, just like chapel was twice a week then. It was not a religious doctrine class, it was a history class, but about the Bible. Chapel was a student assembly with various guest speakers/programs, some very good. It was rather unique, I thought, the entire student body was together for a session. (until we got too big and Wait wouldn't hold everybody) And, I will admit that once on your final semester to graduate, most skipped them.
I’m a Bible/ANE prof. A Religious Studies course is required at a ton of schools these days, including Wake. Most places don’t require Bible specifically, but it is one of a few options.

I thought I read that Trump had a speech at Liberty that was mandatory attendance for all students.

I’m a Bible/ANE prof. A Religious Studies course is required at a ton of schools these days, including Wake. Most places don’t require Bible specifically, but it is one of a few options.

Wake Forest does not require a religious studies course. Students simply need to take two classes in History, Philosophy, Religious Studies, or Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. The two classes cannot be in the same area, but students can easily avoid a religious studies course now if they want.

Wake Forest does not require a religious studies course. Students simply need to take two classes in History, Philosophy, Religious Studies, or Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. The two classes cannot be in the same area, but students can easily avoid a religious studies course now if they want.
Ahhh ok. Wasn’t aware of that.

Means that most liberals hate Christians and here it is, two days before Christmas, remembering the birth of Christ and what he did for all Mankind!
Most liberals at a Baptist-affiliated school hate Christians. The criticism of Liberty is not because of it’s genuine pursuit of Christian and educational goals. You are such a pathetic victim.

Most liberals at a Baptist-affiliated school hate Christians. The criticism of Liberty is not because of it’s genuine pursuit of Christian and educational goals. You are such a pathetic victim.
We are not a Baptist-affiliated school. Haven’t been so in 40 years.

Thank you, Satan.

Fact is most liberals have more beliefs in common with Christ than many of the dogma-retconning, self-appointed charlatans who claim to represent and speak for Christianity. The main reason many of us don't run around proclaiming our allegiance is because we don't like the fact that a bunch of awful people have been allowed to conscript religion to serve their nefarious purposes.
This right here.

Fact is most liberals have more beliefs in common with Christ than many of the dogma-retconning, self-appointed charlatans who claim to represent and speak for Christianity. The main reason many of us don't run around proclaiming our allegiance is because we don't like the fact that a bunch of awful people have been allowed to conscript religion to serve their nefarious purposes.

Well said

Back