• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest is a "Bunny" per Duke's Sulaimon...

deacsrus

Reaction score
...as the exact quote is: "This one(Syracuse loss) is a hard one to swallow, but , at the same time, we have to bounce back. We have another one on Tuesday. We have three losses now in the ACC. So we can't drop any bunnies. The next game we have might be like a trap game." Your thoughts. Are we still that bad?

Absolutely. Wake has two road wins in the last 3+ seasons. Every team should be looking at Wake as a guaranteed home win right now.

ETA: Maybe not guaranteed for the bottom teams, but a game they should win, in any case. Teams like Duke hardly need to give Wake a second thought at this point.

Are we still that bad?

81 in RPI, 102 in Kenpom. Behind powerhouses like LaSalle, St Bonaventure (and a host of other Saints), LA Tech, etc, etc. Yes, we are still epically bad. Just because we've been one of the worst ACC teams in history over the last 3 years doesn't mean that we're good this year because we're only a really, really bad ACC team.

Wake has a 5% chance to win according to KenPom, and I think that's about 5% too high. This is absolutely a bunny for Duke.

Man, we're 14-8. That kicks ass. Back when the ACC had 8 teams, 14-8 was HUGE. I overheard some older people who were wearing black and yellow sweater vests at a buffet the other night saying we're heading in the right direction. No, there's no bunnies here. Just a ferocious team led by a titan of a coach. Just a little more time and we're there. Like the NIT or something.

I look forward to the day that we can make opponents eat words like this. But that day is not today and not with this coach.

I look forward to the day that we can make opponents eat words like this. But that day is not today and not with this coach.

Bingo. Just hope Codi, Devin and Moto file that one away, take their beating, then come back next year with a new coach and a better supporting cast and compete.

Man, we're 14-8. That kicks ass. Back when the ACC had 8 teams, 14-8 was HUGE. I overheard some older people who were wearing black and yellow sweater vests at a buffet the other night saying we're heading in the right direction. No, there's no bunnies here. Just a ferocious team led by a titan of a coach. Just a little more time and we're there. Like the NIT or something.

CIT if we want to buy our way in.

"Bunny" on Duke's home schedule is Wellman and Bz's long-term goal for our program. Squishy turd is more the reality right now. Sulaimon gave us too much credit.

Seeing lines of 17 and 18 on ESPN.com. Definitely a bunny.

Absolutely. Wake has two road wins in the last 3+ seasons. Every team should be looking at Wake as a guaranteed home win right now.

ETA: Maybe not guaranteed for the bottom teams, but a game they should win, in any case. Teams like Duke hardly need to give Wake a second thought at this point.

I thought DCDeac said that we were obviously improved???

I think we have. We'll see how the season turns out. If Codi isn't 100% for any length of time we'll likely regress back to where we were last year considering he's shown the most significant improvement on the team.

Back