• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Offseason Basketball Thread: Deacs in Inaugural Myrtle Beach Invitational

To me, it's lamer to understand that you are going to be drug tested, knowing that a positive test will lead to a suspension and getting baked anyway (despite multiple warnings).

To me, it's lamer to understand that you are going to be drug tested, knowing that a positive test will lead to a suspension and getting baked anyway (despite multiple warnings).

Agree. If you know you are going to be tested, how hard is it not to smoke?

I've heard domestic abuse.

VT has removed Chris Clarke from its online basketball roster

I don't doubt he loves the weed and I haven't heard anything, but it seems likely there is more to this than a failed drug test

Frank and Larry used to come by the suite quite a bit back then.

VT has removed Chris Clarke from its online basketball roster

I don't doubt he loves the weed and I haven't heard anything, but it seems likely there is more to this than a failed drug test

Landers-Nolley sat out the VT exhibition with Liberty due to eligibility issues. Buzz didn't go into details. Tech won 86-71, fwiw.

Landers-Nolley sat out the VT exhibition with Liberty due to eligibility issues. Buzz didn't go into details. Tech won 86-71, fwiw.

They had an exhibition against a team that we played in the regular season last year? Is that allowed?

Also, I wouldn't doubt that there is more to the Clarke situation than marijuana... That was just the initial take of VT folks I talked to that usually know these things.

Micah Potter transferring from Ohio State.

https://www.thelantern.com/2018/11/mens-basketball-micah-potter-transferring-from-ohio-state/

This is his Junior season... Leaving just 2 days before they start the season vs. Cincinnati

Not sure if I should go with:

"What a dumpster fire they must have over there... Nobody transfers this close to the start of the season."

OR

"This is additional proof that Keyshawn Woods drives people away from college basketball programs."

Do we have a new strategy to limit the losses this year? I guess if you don't play, you can't lose! We'll have to play before December, right? Was Upstate USC, or Piedmont Bible not available this week?

Do we have a new strategy to limit the losses this year? I guess if you don't play, you can't lose! We'll have to play before December, right? Was Upstate USC, or Piedmont Bible not available this week?

We tried to schedule Arizona Christian but didn't want to exhaust our kids before A&T

Smart move by Manning. Everyone else opens on a Tuesday... Not the Demon Deacons. It's well known that Tuesday is the toughest day of the week academically at Wake Forest... Better to push the season back a few more days.

This way, we can have the entire stage to ourselves at 2pm on Saturday. Nothing else going on then, right? The eyes of a nation will be on ESPN3, watching the Deacs battle A&T.

09-roll-safe.w700.h467.jpg

Anthony Oliver II (RS-Soph) transferring out of Clemson... Announced last Friday.

Just continuing to point out that these types of transfers (Melo) are not unique to Wake.

Back