• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Offseason Basketball Thread: Deacs in Inaugural Myrtle Beach Invitational

Knowing he could leave is quite different from expecting him to. I know every player on our team could declare for the draft next year...

Yes, but declaring for the draft next spring would be unwise for most of our team. If, however, Brown could leave for another school with better hopes of playing in the NCAAT in 19-20, we would have legitimate reason to worry

Despite the different circumstances of how they left, the common denominator is a coach/program that people look for ways out of, even if unexpected and seemingly inadvisable.

agreed

Not sure where to put this, but tOSU reportedly beat Xavier in their scrimmage (Xavier was missing a starter). Woods did not start. tOSU plays an exhibition game tonight.

The more I watch our administration's actions and have followed this college basketball shoe scandal, the more I believe that the BOT made a conscious decision to abandon men's basketball as something that Wake found important enough to compete in. All decisions they have made since Bz fit in that framework. I do not agree with the thought process, but it seems clear to me that is what has happened.

If that is the case, following Wake BB in any way more than completely casually is probably a huge waste of time. They have not been competitive and probably will not be competitive any time in the future without absolutely getting lucky with a guy developing further than expected.

I also do not think that Ron Wellman or the BOT will come out and say this at any point in time, but rather they will continue to BS and sell the story that we are trying and there is hope for the future for the few people who still care. #newbeginnings RIP Wake men's basketball

So it sounds like you are saying that the BOT got wind of Wake paying players via the shoe companies. So they decided to low-key destroy the program by hiring the worst possible coaches and telling them to not worry about winning, just build an indefinite foundation.

Was this done as a death penalty of sorts with the approval of the NCAA's or were we hoping that once caught the NCAA would say that Wake had suffered enough and let us be?

Calm down. Just honoring Racer’s request. No reason to get excited.

To quote you: "haha"

Did that really require re-doing to highlight a few words?? You are something. And it's so funny cuz you do everything that you accuse others of doing before they "retaliate" and call you out. You are pretty much insufferable. Sorry it means so much to you to win points on the internet. And don't confuse "excitement" with sheer unadulterated annoyance and distaste. But hey, thanks for giving me a target for directing frustration. You're good for that I guess.

CcGI.gif

In the one and done era, the following wings ranked outside the top 10 in the final version of RSCI (Hoard was #19) have been taken in the top 15 following their freshman year. I’ve listed them in order of their age on draft night and included their win share totals from their freshman year:

Devin Booker (18), 4.5 WS, 13th pick
Troy Brown (18), 3.1 WS, 15th pick
Anthony Randolph (18), 3.5 WS, 14th pick
Marquese Chriss (18), 3.1 WS, 8th pick
Moe Harkless (19.2), 3.2 WS, 15th pick
Justise Winslow (19.3), 5.5 WS, 10th pick
Trey Lyles (19.6), 4.4 WS, 12th pick

John Collins was 19.8 and had 5.6 WS

Jaylen will be 20.2 on draft night.

To quote you: "haha"

Did that really require re-doing to highlight a few words?? You are something. And it's so funny cuz you do everything that you accuse others of doing before they "retaliate" and call you out. You are pretty much insufferable. Sorry it means so much to you to win points on the internet. And don't confuse "excitement" with sheer unadulterated annoyance and distaste. But hey, thanks for giving me a target for directing frustration. You're good for that I guess.

Racer seemed to think so. I thought my point was clear. Glad we agree.

Sorry for the confusion, that sounds stressful. It’s just a message board, don’t let it get to you.

Don’t know where else to put it but Chris Clarke is suspended indefinitely from the VT basketball team. Big blow to them

My Virginia Tech contacts say that Chris looooooves cannabis.

Like he really, really enjoys it.

A lot.

ESPN pre-season ACC ranking....#13 ahead of GT and pathetic Pitt.

We have got to contain Belmont Abbey's big men, or as they're known -- The Monks of Dunks.

A lot.

If that's the reason for the suspension, assuming no legal entanglements, he may well be back around January 1.

There are so many teams that have been better than us over the past 8 years who aren't involved in scandal though. Even if it were true, it doesn't excuse how awful Bedroom and Manning have been.

I see I am not the only who has let our basketball program deeply impact our personal life.

A lot.

Nothing lamer than suspending a grown ass man from doing what he does just because he likes to smoke reefer.

Back