• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Sports dot com

glad to know they are on top of it... 4 hours later.

Maybe they were just trying to think of the most impactful way to announce Rondale's return to the active lineup.

Or just readying the servers for all of the probable bandwidth demand as a result of said announcement.

Still not working for me, Wellman must've blocked me since I'm one of his biggest "fans."

Glad that Anonymous has taken up the cause. We are legion.

anonymous_logo.png

I think the website is just getting updated.

http://whois.domaintools.com/wakeforestsports.com

The domain name doesn't expire till 11-21-16.

It's being blocked by my work malware filter, which I don't remember being the case before (although I'm not sure I ever tried to access it at work). But, that renewal date suggests it came up for renewal over the weekend. So it is possible that there was a renewal issue that is just now being resolved.

Because some of the things people get OUTRAGED about are pretty silly.

How hard is it to renew your website?

It's just the little things that continue to add up that consistently happen within the Wake Forest athletic department that just screams small time.

If it were just this one isolated incident, or if this happened to other schools then it would be different.

You can say all you want that "it could happen to anybody,", but it hasn't and it doesn't.

Sure it "could have happened at USC or Notre Dame," but it didn't because big time schools don't let their website go down because they failed to renew it.

How hard is it to renew your website?

It's just the little things that continue to add up that consistently happen within the Wake Forest athletic department that just screams small time.

If it were just this one isolated incident, or if this happened to other schools then it would be different.

You can say all you want that "it could happen to anybody,", but it hasn't and it doesn't.

Sure it "could have happened at USC or Notre Dame," but it didn't because big time schools don't let their website go down because they failed to renew it.

And you know it hasn't happened to them how?

I mean, the renewal date was a day ago and the current page is a generic owner page with "renew now" linked from it. So...

I mean, the renewal date was a day ago and the current page is a generic owner page with "renew now" linked from it. So...

Maybe we've decided the best way to compete is just not and we've canceled athletics? You'd think they'd wait until after soccer is done though, I'd be pissed if I was on the team.

Wake's website is owned by IMG and the technical side is operated by CBS Interactive, both of which do the same thing for dozens of schools including schools like USC and Notre Dame.

So the whole this wouldn't happen at USC/Notre Dame thing is dumb and uninformed because it's the same people managing all the schools' websites

Back