• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Sports dot com

On the plus side, I'm now the #1 bidder on the domain. If the renewal grace period expires get ready for some great new additions to the site.

Wake's website is owned by IMG and the technical side is operated by CBS Interactive, both of which do the same thing for dozens of schools including schools like USC and Notre Dame.

So the whole this wouldn't happen at USC/Notre Dame thing is dumb and uninformed because it's the same people managing all the schools' websites

So are their sites down too?

The registered owner is John Justus at Wake. Maybe his credit card expired...

Well whatever the reason may be it is inexcusable that Wake's website is still (at least for me) inaccessible at least 7-8 hours after it was initially noticed and reported by someone. That's total amateur hour.

Well whatever the reason may be it is inexcusable that Wake's website is still (at least for me) inaccessible at least 7-8 hours after it was initially noticed and reported by someone. That's total amateur hour.

IMG and CBS are total amateur hour.

IMG and CBS are total amateur hour.

Sure whoever is in charge of the issue is amateur hour. Doesn't seem to be an IMG or CBS issue as far as I can tell though as most other schools using those services have a website up and running currently. Doubtful that wake just happened to be the one failing website they would have if it were there on their end. It's possible but not likely the simplest answer.

At least I've been able to buy Texas tech football tickets through the wake website though!

Sure whoever is in charge of the issue is amateur hour. Doesn't seem to be an IMG or CBS issue as far as I can tell though as most other schools using those services have a website up and running currently. Doubtful that wake just happened to be the one failing website they would have if it were there on their end. It's possible but not likely the simplest answer.

You realize that not every school's website domain contract starts and ends on the same day. The domains for those other schools are completely independent from wake's.

You realize that not every school's website domain contract starts and ends on the same day. The domains for those other schools are completely independent from wake's.

Sure. Just wanted to be sure it wasn't an IMG issue at large. I'm not solely blaming wake I'm saying whoever is at fault for not ensuring that the website stays up to date and active (mainly so there isn't a huge "RENEW NOW" link at the top of a page when you type in wakeforestsports.com) was acting like a total amateur. Hell maybe it's only IMG and wake is pissed as hell. I hope that's the case

cool-hand-luke.jpg

On the plus side, I'm now the #1 bidder on the domain. If the renewal grace period expires get ready for some great new additions to the site.

In.

Somebody please confirm for us ASAP what the story is. This sort of thing ought to matter to everybody who gives money to the DC.

Probably something to do with getting the socks pulled up & shoe laces tied properly, then they renew it.

Yes, although it's not the simplest explanation to assume some overarching technical issue when it happens right around the renewal date. I don't think heads should roll, but someone (either in Wake's media/IT, or IMG/CBS if those people are really in charge) messed up on what should probably be set up as an automatic renewal. It's not a huge deal, it just fits right in if you're looking for stories of "incompetence."

Back