• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest @ Syracuse - 8pm Tip - Discussion/Predictions/GameThread

Loved it. First time in a long time I felt like we had a legit chance to win a game on the road. I felt pretty good from before the opening tip until the last shot rimmed out.

A few observations.
I know Devin was not effective today, but without him in the game, our offense is pretty awful. We rely solely on the fast break. Without a threat down low, we were not effective vs the zone.

Clutch free throws did not happen tonight and unfortunately they cost us the game.

Even though codi missed some key free throws, he was a beast. He kept us in the game in the second half. He looked like one of those hard nose Pitt guards out of Brooklyn attacking the rim and fearing nothing. I think he needs to start shooting 10 feet behind the arc, he finally found his sweet spot haha. Great D by him tonight and great D by Mitch as well.

I've been saying all year Dinos needs to keep shooting and shoot more. I'm glad he finally had a good game. He needs to keep taking 10+ shots a game.

I'm kind of upset we didn't try to attack Christmas a bit more late in the 4th Q and OT. The only person going to the rim was CMM. Oh well.

I've watched a lot of college Bball but I guess we don't go to OT often. Didn't realize team fouls carry over to OT. That certainly didn't help us.

You have to give props to Christmas. Looked like a man among boys out there and made what felt like 8+ clutch free throws. We got hurt on the offensive glass late in the game and he was one of the main reasons.

Looking forward to getting multiple road wins this year. Go Deacs.

You have to double Christmas. You just have to. Washington should have played more. He killed us. It was a one man wrecking crew. Then manning had a terrible lineup in when they made the run. Madison, cmm, Leonard, Hudson and mitt. Can't have Madison and cmm in at the same time.

Have to double Christmas. I agree coaching mistakes at the micro level, but that was the difference. That and simple free throw shooting.

Agreed and We can't win with CMM. Never have . Never will.

Yes, we could have played a little better and won this game. On the other side 'cuse just about had to play perfect down the stretch to just win this game in OT. Clooney wasn't taking wide open 3's. Their 19% from 3 guy hit's two 3's in the 2nd half. They nearly hit all their FT's. Yet, when we could have folded in the final minutes and in OT we kept coming.

We continue play like this we will win our fair share this year.

I'll take that game everyday of the week from Codi. Loved the effort, and those free throws are tough to make down the stretch no matter what your FT% is.

Wilbekin should have had the ball. CMM needs to take this game to heart and realize any chance at winning the close ones over the rest of the season and in his senior year rests on his ability to improve FT's. Winning the close ones is going to be the key to next season.

CMM will always suck at foul shooting. He's a JUNIOR. It's sad, because he is talented in a lot of ways other than shooting .

Tough loss. It appears that the Deacs have learned to compete and are developing the belief and confidence they can do so against anyone and anywhere. The next step is learning to win against top competition and to consistently win the games you are expected to win. Coach Manning keeps stressing the need to win, that there are no moral victories. Seems just a matter of time.

Dude slept with your wife, didn't he?

He played a great game and predictably bricked the front end off a one and one. When CMM pulls a Randolph and hits a three or foul shot to win a game, I will be happier than anyone. Look at the Miami guards against Duke- they hit threes , foul shots and didn't turn it over. That's what it takes to win. If you can drive as well as CMM, that's great. But you aren't going to win consistently unless you can knock down jumpers and foul shots

Wilbekin should have had the ball. CMM needs to take this game to heart and realize any chance at winning the close ones over the rest of the season and in his senior year rests on his ability to improve FT's. Winning the close ones is going to be the key to next season.

Crawford will be taking clutch shots next year I hope.

Do you want CMM on the foul line or shooting a three for your house ? Hell no. JB is a smart coach so he fouled CMM intentionally.

What is with the punctuation? Have some self respect and proofread.

Do you want CMM on the foul line or shooting a three for your house ? Hell no. JB is a smart coach so he fouled CMM intentionally.

JB may have wanted a foul but he didn't want it with 11 sec to go. Nearly bit them in the behind. That's why we got a shot that nearly went in to tie the game.

Back