• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest @ Syracuse - 8pm Tip - Discussion/Predictions/GameThread

I'm not really sure Codi is a creator either unless it's on the fast break though..

This calls to mind Bonner's statement in the first half about Leonard's three-point shooting.

He is by our standards.

I'm not really sure Codi is a creator either unless it's on the fast break though..

This is the time when we wish we had Tyler Lewis running the point with his crazy passing ability. Shooting ability, not so much...

Darius is a nice piece but well over his head at this level. That was a high level of basketball

Unless CMM has the ball. As soon as he got it, I knew what Cuse would do.

I'm pretty sure fouling there w/ 11 sec left vs a 60% free throw shooter isn't that optimal if you are Syracuse, so if they want to do that it's fine for us. You could tell JB didn't want it (or at least not that early, with 6 sec or so it's great)

It's progress when instead of grasping a moral victory, you lament the plays you didn't make in a game you feel you should have won. One thing is clear, though: we have a terrific coach and guys who play with heart.

For all the bitching about FTs, we shot 86.6% in regulation - far better than the 'Cuse and WAY above our norm. So you could say we were fortunate to get to OT....

Great effort by the Deacs...hang in there guys!

I'm all for improvement, and we know DM is, but for God's sake give the guy some credit. He has done a hell of a job taking table scraps and building a team that is competing in every game.

Right on. Those folks who are micro-analyzing a loss can't see what's in front of them. Just in the last 4-5 games we have a Wake team that believes in what it's doing and competes like we haven't seen in over ten years. We're far from a "talented team" but we're playing like a top 10 team. Keep it up Deacs, the wins are coming.

Sidenote, but I bet that McClinton turns into a solid outside shooter for us. He has good form, he's solid at the free throw line, and he seems to have a good idea of where his shot is going after he releases it (i.e. he knows if it's good or going to be short as soon as he releases it).

Can we put together a kickstarter to say good work team?

even with them losing - the improvement is amazing. I hope they don't get discouraged.

I have to say before tonights game I was always shouting at the TV to get it out of Dino's hands when he had it. Tonight he grew up.

Nice to be playing competitive ball again. Time to finish. Let's start with UNC.

Sidenote, but I bet that McClinton turns into a solid outside shooter for us. He has good form, he's solid at the free throw line, and he seems to have a good idea of where his shot is going after he releases it (i.e. he knows if it's good or going to be short as soon as he releases it).

I agree with this as well. In fact, I think Hudson and McClinton could both be dangerous from outside for us...

Hell of a game by the Deacs and I'm simply proud of the way we played. The wins will come. This fight, however, is nothing short of amazing compared to the last four seasons.

GO DEACS! We're going to be good again...

Sorry, I saw you gave him credit, and was just reacting to the nit picking that cranked up as soon as the horn sounded. I am disappointed we didn't win, but damn proud tonight to be a Deacon.

We had a good overall game plan against the zone, and executed it well.

Even better our general style of play is improving, we're forging an identity, our players are developing, and team attitude and chemistry haven't been higher in a long time. Add to that there is excitement around recruiting again and you can forgive a nit pick about a line up here or a decision there. There's a coach down the road that's terrible in micro situations and he has two ships.

He is quick, too, and sneaky around the basket. I think DM is letting him grow into his strengths and you can see his confidence more each game. As for Leonard, he's not a great player, but he brings four years of experience to a very young team, and he has contributed a lot more than I expected.

When McClinton came back in for the 2nd half I really wish that first jumped had gone in. Seems like when a shot drops for him he's more active on both ends - especially on the boards. That group of Wilbekin, Dinos, Hudson, and McClinton just need experience to build confidence. Dinos has a career game but Wilbekin and Hudson go 1/12 from the floor and we lose in OT.

35/16/8 from Codi and Devin - they've been pretty rock solid between them despite the free throw shooting. Just need more consistency around them.

I love Mitch but he isn't much of a creator at this point, he can't just get a shot for himself or teammates on command etc. So it is hard to ask him to have the ball in his hands in the final minute to do that.

This is kind of where I'm coming from. Codi made a few bad plays but was overall very solid and got the offense moving. But he is not only a low percentage ft shooter, he is worse under pressure at this point it seems because he's thinking so much. I do think he'll eventually get out of his own way on the line, but until then I don't want to have another late, close game decided that way. Tough situation. Maybe give to Madison first late game, who's looking more solid at the line, and if Codi gets it and drives at least he gets two (and often finishes anyway). But I'll leave it to the real bball minds.

Crab had a rough game aside from the huge one to tie it. Struggled in the middle of the zone and couldn't buy one in the first half. If he just knocks down 1 or 2 of those 7 we're cookin.

Fun to watch, kept responding to their punches. Have to beat the Heels.

Back