• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest @ Syracuse - 8pm Tip - Discussion/Predictions/GameThread

Wilbekin should have had the ball. CMM needs to take this game to heart and realize any chance at winning the close ones over the rest of the season and in his senior year rests on his ability to improve FT's. Winning the close ones is going to be the key to next season.

Good game, but getting tired of losing these kinds of games.

Wilbekin was in the game. I don't get it.

I don't think they would have fouled Wilbekin if he brought it up, but I still think he should have handled the ball and forced their hand.

Ugh we should have won that game. Would be great to get a team on an off night just once.

Manning has been crushing the macro aspects of building our program back up but there have been some micro errors. Better that than the reverse I suppose. Also, he's still super inexperienced in relative HC years, so we should hope it can improve just like a player can.

IMPROVEMENT!

Can't imagine last year's team playing like this, especially on the road.

Worried that these losses are going to take their toll emotionally. Really hoping the guys keep their chins up. Another hellacious effort. We so deserved to win that game.

It can go one of two ways...with [Redacted] it always went the wrong way. I think Manning can channel it into improvement.

I am getting a little tired of moral victories but just getting those is miles ahead of where we have been. The are bright days on the horizon.

When is the last time we really competed against a good team on the road?

Have you guys ever seen a player dramatically improve his FT shooting over the course of a season? It took Ish until his senior year to even become serviceable and it wasn't for lack of trying.

DM definitely made a bad call letting CMM bring it up the court, but don't expect CMM to drastically improve his shooting anytime soon.

Josh Howard.

But yes it's rare.

Edit: oops - over the course of a season. No not that I can think of. But I don't ever remember seeing anyone's stats on it either.

Last edited:
Surprised we hadn't really been bitten by the ft issue before. Syracuse is not that great, but not stupid. Teams will now see hack a codi works. What's the answer? Give to wilbekin in crunch time?

It's ... Just so nice to see Wake playing good ball again.

We didn't have a timeout before CMM brought the ball up the court on that crucial play, did we? It's not like Manning made a decision to have CMM bring it up. He just likely wasn't thinking that far ahead to remind the players.

Guys this "Hurts so good"....meaning we now care, we're now relevant, and we're heading in the right direction. Yes, had our opportunities..., FTs etc, but I like the direction of this team. I haven't been this invested in Wake basketball in 5 years.

Surprised we hadn't really been bitten by the ft issue before. Syracuse is not that great, but not stupid. Teams will now see hack a codi works. What's the answer? Give to wilbekin in crunch time?

In that specific situation, yes.

Back