• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Tennis 2019 - Men ACC Reg Season & Tourn Champs, NCAA & Indoor Runner Up

Deacs were very, very close to winning the doubles point. 3 doubles was up 5-2 in the tiebreak and ended up losing (they also served for the match at 5-4).

It is hot here in Florida and I am sure that made a difference, but Gojo just destroyed UVA's number 1. Petros and Nakashima played an epic match. Glad the whole thing did not come down to that match.

Deacs were very, very close to winning the doubles point. 3 doubles was up 5-2 in the tiebreak and ended up losing (they also served for the match at 5-4).

Need to start winning double!

It is hot here in Florida and I am sure that made a difference, but Gojo just destroyed UVA's number 1. Petros and Nakashima played an epic match. Glad the whole thing did not come down to that match.

Nobody I would want more in that situation than Petros (though Nakashima is really good, and only 17 years old!).

Epic, gut check win! Melios was huge! Everyone stepped up after a disappointing doubles loss. Big thank you to Soderland and his leg cramps. Gojo and Petros are warrior supremes! Botzer manhandled a really great player in Weirsholm. Just fantastic.

Who's next?

I can't tell from this really poorly formated bracket on the NCAA website, which winner we get.

I'm all in on non-revenue sports, but is this what has become of Andy Katz's career? Handicapping the NCAA tennis championships? Did he have a pick to win the NCAA bowling title too?

Here is Andy's bracket https://twitter.com/NCAATennis/status/1123681183798321158

From looking at his Twitter, he covered the NBA draft and is now covering the NCAA tennis championships.

Because of your post, I have now learned that NCAA bowling is only for women (?), Vandy won the championship this year, there do not appear to be scholarships, and there are only about 20 schools that compete.

Here is Andy's bracket https://twitter.com/NCAATennis/status/1123681183798321158

From looking at his Twitter, he covered the NBA draft and is now covering the NCAA tennis championships.

Because of your post, I have now learned that NCAA bowling is only for women (?), Vandy won the championship this year, there do not appear to be scholarships, and there are only about 20 schools that compete.

how dare you discount the Ladyjacks:

Team_National_Title2_cropped.jpg

also, women's bowling is indeed a scholarship sport; take your daughter to your bowling night!

Uncc in good shape as they won 2 first sets with osu taking 3 first sets. #1 singles looks like the deciding match as tied in their 1st set if others hold.

Looks like Carolina will easily get to 3 but they're going to have to Rally to get point 4.

Carolina forces 2 third sets, they have a really good shot now to pull it off. Start the narratives again with Ohio St not performing in the heat?

Looks like Carolina will easily get to 3 but they're going to have to Rally to get point 4.

Unc took 2nd set in 2 of the matches so just need to win one of those. Blumberg is going to lose #1, so will come down to the other 2 3rd set matches

Back