• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Twitter Thread aka Coach Scheier wins the Internet

You are calling out a 58 year old man on Twitter who is our head basketball coach. Aside from that fact that he rightly blocked you, (because you are some crazy-ass random guy that is commenting on his Twitter page about how poorly he is doing his job) recruits really do see the stuff that is directed at coaches on Twitter. Not exactly the impression that 99% of Wake fans would like to give out to recruits and the community in general.

What's worse? a 20-something-year-old calling out a 58-year-old on a social networking site or a 58-year-old calling out a 20-something-year-old in the national media time and time again?

What's worse? A recruit seeing an angry fan posting something negative immediately following a blow-out or the recruit actually seeing the atrocity for himself on ESPN? I've never bought the whole 'recruits look at this' stuff... If we have to guard personal opinions on our own social sites for the sake of the recruits; then we probably should be quarantining the Joel and lining the pockets of every sports reporter and cameraman in the business to take a leave of absence for the next 4 months.

What's worse? a 20-something-year-old calling out a 58-year-old on a social networking site or a 58-year-old calling out a 20-something-year-old in the national media time and time again?

What's worse? A recruit seeing an angry fan posting something negative immediately following a blow-out or the recruit actually seeing the atrocity for himself on ESPN? I've never bought the whole 'recruits look at this' stuff... If we have to guard personal opinions on our own social sites for the sake of the recruits; then we probably should be quarantining the Joel and lining the pockets of every sports reporter and cameraman in the business to take a leave of absence for the next 4 months.

vtwhatchettbwfu wrote: I'll summarize it with this- the fact that cheesepritchard, deacsfan27 and wakeforest22890 are still allowed to post here and therefore represent the Wake Forest community is a disgrace to this boards integrity and goes against every positive that the board provides.

Oh FFS just stop.

vtwhatchettbwfu wrote: I'll summarize it with this- the fact that cheesepritchard, deacsfan27 and wakeforest22890 are still allowed to post here and therefore represent the Wake Forest community is a disgrace to this boards integrity and goes against every positive that the board provides.

I don't even know what this means lol

Because questioning [Redacted]'s coaching skills after a 1-15 season and a ~30 point loss is EXACTLY the same as saying I should have been murdered by the VT shooter.

Because questioning [Redacted]'s coaching skills after a 1-15 season and a ~30 point loss is EXACTLY the same as saying I should have been murdered by the VT shooter.

I honestly do not believe that I said anything of that nature, and if I did I'm sure I was drunk, which according to DV7 makes everything ok right?

In all seriousness if I ever said anything like that then I apologize.

I never said it was ok, although I do think [Redacted] is a cunt, and no, I'm not drunk right now. Those are just my thoughts on the man.

I honestly do not believe that I said anything of that nature, and if I did I'm sure I was drunk, which according to DV7 makes everything ok right?

In all seriousness if I ever said anything like that then I apologize.

Water under the bridge, my friend. If anything it gave me thicker skin towards it. You handled it like a man afterwards.

My issue with Scout was the amnesty they granted posters with a Premium-Subscriber seal while they certainly had no problem with censoring everything else posted on the forum to an almost communistic extent.

While time has put the whole ordeal into better (less infuriating) perspective... I was pretty damn excited when I found out OGBoards was in development.

Joshua Harris
In Winston-Salem.. Wake Forest town. But no Wake Forest apparel!? #Tragic pic.twitter.com/aT3YSXoq

JoshHarris25 Joshua Harris
What hurts is the fact that we were a field goal away from playing this Saturday for the ACC title.. Smh :(

found this interesting

JoshHarris25 Joshua Harris
What hurts is the fact that we were a field goal away from playing this Saturday for the ACC title.. Smh :(

found this interesting

Thought about this exact thing this weekend & got into an awkward conversation with my father-in-law to be when he made the comment (oblivious to Wake's actual record) that Grobe was having an off-year when I mentioned the Deacs. He (and the people we were with) seemed shocked when I explained the implications of the CU game.

I know the season could have been much better with a couple of points here and there & nobody here is entirely satisfied with Shreveport... but I'll tell you one thing: I'll never take Wake's recent surge in football for granted. I'd rather see the Old Gold and Black in the Orange Bowl once a decade than see a big state school (VT included) waltz off with it every year.

Harris and McKie are quickly becoming two of my favorite Deacs of the past decade in their respective sports.

Back