• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest University Coach Named By FBI in Bribery and Academic Fraud Scandal

being an influencer can be absolutely be a business. what the hell do you idiots think Marketing firms are, anyway?

Last edited:
Can you even read and understand a set of financial statements?

Yeah. I manage six and seven figure budgets. Can you even read and understand research articles? Can you even do quantitative or qualitative analyses? Mixed methods?

Last edited:
Managing a budget and analyzing financial statements are completely different things but I wouldn't expect a career academic to know that....

And I wouldn’t expect you to be able to do what I do for living. That doesn’t mean either of us lacks value. Everybody has different skills, abilities, and interests.

How elitist are you and DeacMan if you’re looking down on an “ivory tower elitist?”

If you are making money at it, its a business

And I wouldn’t expect you to be able to do what I do for living. That doesn’t mean either of us lacks value. Everybody has different skills, abilities, and interests.

How elitist are you and DeacMan if you’re looking down on an “ivory tower elitist?”

Where have I made any such claims?

Managing a budget and analyzing financial statements are completely different things but I wouldn't expect a career academic to know that....

Here

LOL that "reading financial statements" is some sort of Blue Collar Badge for White Collar people

accounting nerds

Ran into one of Wake’s volleyball players yesterday. She was actually Donovan Mitchell’s sister. She told me that the coach is now being investigated over allegations of abuse. Didn’t we hire this guy after the previous coach was fired for abusing the players? Great hire Ron!!!’

Oh and she’s transferring to Santa Clara to be with her brother.

Just admit you don't know jack shit about financial analysis. The fact you equated managing a budget to financial analysis proves that. I have made no claims to know anything here. The only thing I claim to know is is that you will defend.....

Who cares if I do or don’t? Why does it matter to you?

Are you such a loser that you think anybody who doesn’t do your job is beneath you? Your insecurity is showing.

Who cares if I do or don’t? Why does it matter to you?

Are you such a loser that you think anybody who doesn’t do your job is beneath you? Your insecurity is showing.

Beneath me? That is your take from this? I could not care less what other people do for a living. Be happy in your work and excel at what you do. I only have a problem with people talking out of their ass. Perhaps your insecurity is showing....

Why ask about something you don’t care about?

Ran into one of Wake’s volleyball players yesterday. She was actually Donovan Mitchell’s sister. She told me that the coach is now being investigated over allegations of abuse. Didn’t we hire this guy after the previous coach was fired for abusing the players? Great hire Ron!!!’

Oh and she’s transferring to Santa Clara to be with her brother.

Is it confirmed that the actor's kid was the one who paid the coach? I assume so, but I don't think I have actually seen it confirmed anywhere.

Is it confirmed that the actor's kid was the one who paid the coach? I assume so, but I don't think I have actually seen it confirmed anywhere.

I don't recall a specific student name associated with the Wake volleyball coach bribery. Both the actors were involved with USC.

ETA:

Most likely the Wake situation involved a relatively unknown (up til this hit the news) rich family. Last I heard the student was still at Wake. So connection has not been made public.

Last edited:
I don't recall a specific student name associated with the Wake volleyball coach bribery. Both the actors were involved with USC.

He was talking about the daughter of Nip/Tuck guy, and No, she was not the student involved. It was reported that the student who was admitted was never actually on the volleyball team, while the girl you are thinking about is a member of the team.

Back