• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest vs Army @West Point - Check In

If Wake won 35-21 there would be fewer complaints. Wake covered by 11. Awful D but just fine for a win.

Cincinnati barely beat a 1 win Navy team today. We have the best team we ever had in my time following Wake. The D is bad but have been successful with one key to victory in turnover margin. Offense and special teams have been elite. All teams besides Alabama and Georgia have some major flaws. This team is damn good and will win in spite of this defense.

So who specifically got injured today?

Garnes
Smenda

Who else would be in jeopardy of not playing next week?[/QUOTE
Seems T. Williams could play next week.
Barnes looks down for the count next week.

Smenda will be out for the first half of next week.

I saw a number of freshman in there. Hazel and Q. Bryant to name two

Smenda did not get injured, he got ejected for targeting. I think most of our injuries happened prior to today. Neck Army seemed to have more guys go down today than we did.

We have a Top 5 offense and top 10 special teams nationally. Our defense isn’t good but we can still win games despite it.

Help me out, I’m confused and didn’t get to see the first 3 quarters. Did wake lose 12 guys to injuries today, or were they out before the start?

I can’t tell you how many times per drive there were obvious illegal blocks. One dude roll blocked two of our guys in open field and of course the announcers talked about how great it was. It’s illegal and dirty.

That is the same type of comment we were shaking our heads at from UNC, State, FSU and Clemson fans when Grobe was here. It was lame then and its lame now.

We have a Top 5 offense and top 10 special teams nationally. Our defense isn’t good but we can still win games despite it.

Although - the frustration of having to win *in spite of* our D is absolutely infuriating

Help me out, I’m confused and didn’t get to see the first 3 quarters. Did wake lose 12 guys to injuries today, or were they out before the start?

I only saw Garnes and Williams go down with injuries and not come back. CBS was down, but not out long. I think most were before today. Now, it might be interesting to find out how many may have happened in practice preparing for the option.

That is the same type of comment we were shaking our heads at from UNC, State, FSU and Clemson fans when Grobe was here. It was lame then and its lame now.

Not even close. They didn’t like our offensive line blocking. That’s not even what I’m talking about. Im talking about down field blocked, blocks on the end.

Go get fucked comparing me to those guys.

Not even close. They didn’t like our offensive line blocking. That’s not even what I’m talking about. Im talking about down field blocked, blocks on the end.

Go get fucked comparing me to those guys.

If the shoe fits.

Someone posted 12 D players who were no shows or injured. Did we have that many injuries?

Gavin Holmes
Tyler Williams
Jacory John's
Luji Vilain
Zion Keith
Coby Davis
Chelene Garnes
DJ Taylor
AJ William's
Kevin Pointer
JJ Roberts

Great win by the Deacs today! Awesome offensive explosion today versus a "vaunted" efense.

Clempson loses again.

Let's make it a day to never forget. Braves finish off the Dodgers and NCSU wuffies get beat by Miami. Now that would be a great day.

Someone posted 12 D players who were no shows or injured. Did we have that many injuries?

Gavin Holmes
Tyler Williams
Jacory John's
Luji Vilain
Zion Keith
Coby Davis
Chelene Garnes
DJ Taylor
AJ William's
Kevin Pointer
JJ Roberts

Williams, Keith, and Garnes played early and were hurt mid-game. The rest I think were out pregame. Cam made that list in the mid-3rd quarter, so there may be more.

I mean, you all can discount the injuries. And I agree the D was frustrating to watch today. But we played Chase Jones at Safety. Quincy Bryant and Dylan Hazen were playing. The players they spent 2 weeks working to defend the option, like Zion Keith and Chelen Garnes, go out and now you've got guys out there you didn't put reps into. It was a lot today.

We won and we’re 7-0, which is incredible, but tough to buy injury excuses considering they scored on their 1st, 3rd and 4th possessions. It’s not like the first unit was going great until injuries happened.

Still a chance for an amazing season

The offensive performance by Wake Forest was the best I have ever seen...by anyone ever. 70 points in 17:17 time of possession. 52 plays for 638 yards for an average of 12.3 yards per play. No fumbles. No interceptions. Nine touchdowns on 10 offensive possessions. A failed third down play followed by a failed fourth down play were the only blemishes to offensive perfection. Appreciate what you saw today, you'll never see its equal.

I'd comment on the defensive play, but with the exception of a Traveon Redd pick six and a Chase Jones forced fumble and recovery, I didn't see any defense.

Undefeated at 7-0 and I still get to dream about championships.

We did score a crazy efficient 70 today which is pretty nuts when you think about it.

Gotta assume a helmet sticker for Hartman tonight, esp after getting a feature on Gameday then having the best game of his career

Back