• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest vs Army @West Point - Check In

If clawson is clearly pissed about playing them then we may see some schedule changes. Currie wants to keep him happy.

the downfield blocks below waist are inexcusable no-calls

Did anyone notice that Hazen replaced Smenda at linebacker. A true freshman. We must have no real depth at linebacker. Maybe the Whittier guy who dumped us for Oklahoma will transfer back.

True frosh #26 true frosh also out there after Smenda went down. We must have whiffed on some guys who would be second or third year guys.

Army does it against everyone and coming back from a bye and missing 12 guys from 2 deep is very concerning. Especially having prepared for 6 weeks! You know how they will block and have to be prepared and why so many injured.

I was capable of writing off the defense’s failures until that last drive by Army and their vaunted passing attack

Yikes
'm thinking that by then they were completely gassed. The offense was on the field for less than 18 minutes.

Cam lost me when he argued that our LBs weren’t slow and that they were being asked to do too much because our secondary was inexperienced a few years ago.

Our D is a serious issue. If we want to take the next big step as a program, it’s clearly going to require coaching changes on that side of the ball and an improvement in personnel…not just one of those things. Personnel is improved…scheme and prep. regardless of injuries today and for multiple years now, was/has been horrible.

I mean I see where they're coming from. We have a lot of guys out, lost two guys in this game, and got obliterated by a team that executed well and plays such a particular kind of football that it's hard for the guys who don't get a ton of game reps to ever really adapt. Even so, in the clutch our stars came through and helped close the door on an upstart Army squad.

Okay.

But then there's the fact that we came out flat, even before losing guys, and didn't really appear prepared for the plays that we knew were coming (similarly to that Syracuse game, tbh). The secondary was horrible. Taylor easily played the worst game of his career and just looked generally off (wtf was that penalty). Smenda's hit was unacceptable and now we're down another player for Duke. And after a handful of really solid open field tackles, we also just appeared to fold. This defense loves big hits, but it doesn't seem remotely interested in the little things that it takes to contain teams. That's what worries me a lot more than the personnel being out. We'll get those players back, but our defense is crap.

The only injuries I saw were Garnes, which did not look good, and Tyler Williams.

LOL. Wake is fucking 7-0 (!), and most of these posts are a bunch of candy-ass whining. This team is better than this board deserves. Pussy-ass bitches ...

So who specifically got injured today?

Garnes
Smenda

Who else would be in jeopardy of not playing next week?[/QUOTE
Seems T. Williams could play next week.
Barnes looks down for the count next week.

Smenda will be out for the first half of next week.

I saw a number of freshman in there. Hazel and Q. Bryant to name two

Back