• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest vs. Clemson Game Thread - 7:00

Unfortunately, we just have the type of team that is good enough at times to beat anyone but also inconsistent enough to lose to anyone decent (we are not bad enough to lose to really bad teams, even at our worst). Some of this is because of a lack of consistent defense. We are always going to score points but are prone to losing when we shouldn't because we let the other team get in a rhythm and make shots against us.

Plus Clemson has the exact same kind of team.

Arians should lose his starting position. He plays no defense. And he is not scoring. So, if we are not going to play a scorer, play a defender...if we have one.

it's still extremely concerning to me that rich washington can't get more pt on this team. when we suck, it's because our defense sucks, and that's most obvious at the 3. how bad must rw be that he can't get run over arians, especially when arians isn't hitting his shot?

Ultimately the NCAA's are now out of reach. The home Clemson and Duke piss aways will be the difference. No shame in being an NIT team this year, as that was a more realistic scenario this year. If Collins returns , we can be a top 25 team next year.

We need 3 ACC wins or a deep run in the ACCT. UL is 3-3 on the road in the ACC. It's challenging but not impossible.

There were, I believe 6 travel calls against WFU in the first half. Pivot foot violations.

Anyone who watches basketball knows that this could be called almost every possession in today's college basketball. Tonight, for a stretch, it was. Against WFU.

I say again, Brownell got into Valentine's head. Conference office needs to review this game film closely.

it's still extremely concerning to me that rich washington can't get more pt on this team. when we suck, it's because our defense sucks, and that's most obvious at the 3. how bad must rw be that he can't get run over arians, especially when arians isn't hitting his shot?

Yup, Arians just couldn't stay in front of anyone. I hope Dick Wash can get some PT down the stretch. I rather have his (potential) defensive ability on the floor than a spot-up shooter.

We need 3 ACC wins or a deep run in the ACCT. UL is 3-3 on the road in the ACC. It's challenging but not impossible.

i hope we completely understand how to handle the press by the time we play UL. be calm, not have 15 plus tournovers

I say again, Brownell got into Valentine's head. Conference office needs to review this game film closely.

It's not like Valentine isn't a known quantity; check the first page of this thread. Clearly the ACC and everyone else that employs him is okay with his idiocy. Every fan knows TV will suck...he just happened to suck in Clemson's favor tonight.

It's not like Valentine isn't a known quantity; check the first page of this thread. Clearly the ACC and everyone else that employs him is okay with his idiocy. Every fan knows TV will suck...he just happened to suck in Clemson's favor tonight.

Just ask Bobby Knight, right?

LOL. Stop whining. Every single traveling call made was a travel violation. If the referees made mistakes, it was that they didn't call about five times more traveling violations than they did. Don't blame the referees. Blame the players. They are the ones who are violating the rules.

As much as I disliked big Karl, I'd rather have him than Valentine

LOL. Stop whining. Every single traveling call made was a travel violation. If the referees made mistakes, it was that they didn't call about five times more traveling violations than they did. Don't blame the referees. Blame the players. They are the ones who are violating the rules.

Yeah Bob Knight never blamed a ref.

Wrong. As usual.

Clemson changed their pivot foot every bit as often as WFU did. Refs in every sport need to be consistent, whether we're talking about palming the ball, changing the pivot foot, the strike below the knee, etc. If you call it for one team and not the other, you're a terrible ref.

BKF doesn't know what he's talking about, he lost his mind a couple years ago. It's sad, but it's the circle of life.

BKF doesn't know what he's talking about, he lost his mind a couple years ago. It's sad, but it's the circle of life.

It was a special day, it was his 1000th climax while reading Knight: My Story with a Howard Dean speech in the background.

Back