• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest vs. Duke Game Thread

In all fairness, What I watched from the 2nd quarter to the end of the game today was not even close to looking like the same team I watched against Tulane last week.

The first qtr was a painful continuation of last weeks snooze fest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazy what the right QB will do for a team.

In all fairness, What I watched from the 2nd quarter to the end of the game today was not even close to looking like the same team I watched against Tulane last week.

Exactly. Everyone here is rooting for the team to do well. Through 20 minutes we had the Hinton / Wolford rotating adventure & the team seemed to be playing in quicksand on O.

Hinton opens up so much more for this offense if he's even a competent passer. The line was improved from the 2nd qtr on as well. Hopefully this settles any QB rotation.

Still not beaming with confidence in our offense, but that was a good win and good to see us run the ball. Hopefully this ends the QB competition for awhile.

Cutcliffe spoke at an event I attended that was pretty low key. Got to ask questions and later see him hang out and interact with people. He had a very rehearsed "nice guy" coach speech, but during the question and answer period he didn't hide much. The story of Duke's improvement was basically "I brought real football to Duke, I know the Manning family, they had to learn what football was, I made them bend when it came to admissions and recruiting, etc..." Any questions about things that didn't work were 100% the fault of Duke University. Someone asked how long it takes to turn around a program - he said he could do it in 2-3 years if the school would let him... Came off as a coach you wouldn't mind having on your side, but there was no way to miss the massive ego or the grudges he holds.

were we sandbagging against Tulane?

Cutcliffe spoke at an event I attended that was pretty low key. Got to ask questions and later see him hang out and interact with people. He had a very rehearsed "nice guy" coach speech, but during the question and answer period he didn't hide much. The story of Duke's improvement was basically "I brought real football to Duke, I know the Manning family, they had to learn what football was, I made them bend when it came to admissions and recruiting, etc..." Any questions about things that didn't work were 100% the fault of Duke University. Someone asked how long it takes to turn around a program - he said he could do it in 2-3 years if the school would let him... Came off as a coach you wouldn't mind having on your side, but there was no way to miss the massive ego or the grudges he holds.

I think he's a pretty good guy, but with a pretty big ego when it comes to coaching football. I saw a documentary on him and he does a lot of good things in the community I think. Like I said though I'm sure he has big ego and comes across that way and coach K has probably rubbed off some of his assholery on him too.

Without the massive ego Grobe similarly complained after he was let go that Wake failed to come through with similar "football school" type requirements.

Without the massive ego Grobe similarly complained after he was let go that Wake failed to come through with similar "football school" type requirements.

You mean to tell me that people who are unsuccessful at something make excuses for their failure?

Aside from chapel hill, there is no place I'd rather seek wake go into and win. That one started out so ugly, I'm optimistic about what happens now that the offense has hopefully settled on the starting qb and we can plan accordingly.

When is the last time we averaged 10 yards per passing attempt and 5 yards per rush in an ACC game. Tremendous.

Yeah this guy:

bgLtszH.jpg

tweeting this:

Funny things happen when you don't dick around with a QB rotation.

Hell yes MY DEACS. Our DLine has improved so much since the beginning of last year. Duke is obviously a beast but we are so much better up the middle. Strength and conditioning ftw.

Back