• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest vs. High Point Game Thread...

You whiners are still at it, I see. Well, you will all be distraught to know that I spoke with Ron today. He assures me that Jeff will be our coach until this year's freshmen reach their junior years . . . MINIMUM.

I know how much it chaps your hides when adults are in charge, but at Wake Forest, we conduct ourselves with class, even when our fans and alumni act like spoiled, entitled brats.

Cheers,
BG

what do you people expect out of announcers doing a Weak Forest v HP game.. I consider it amazing we still make ESPN3 these days. I mean that has to be a complete loss to send people and resources to cover a wake game..

Big Win! Buzz keeps this up it will be contract extension time and a solid candidate for ACC coach of the year! Don't you think???

A win! I'll take any we can get.

You whiners are still at it, I see. Well, you will all be distraught to know that I spoke with Ron today. He assures me that Jeff will be our coach until this year's freshmen reach their junior years . . . MINIMUM.

I know how much it chaps your hides when adults are in charge, but at Wake Forest, we conduct ourselves with class, even when our fans and alumni act like spoiled, entitled brats.

Cheers,
BG

If that's the case I am pulling for a suicide.

All we have to do now is beat UNC-G and we can put the "Champions of the Triad" trophy in our case.

To be fair and to tbe best of my recollection, the announcer never explicitly said that Wake would finish 5th in the conference.

First, he paused for a borderline awkward length of time. Then he started by talking about NC State and the Blues. Then he talked about VT. He called those the top 4. Then he listed off several teams as being in the middle of the pack/top half of the conference. Ours was one of the teams listed, along with Clemson and IIRC, UVA. I think he was just being nice and doing his best to dodge the question in general.

Cheers,
BG

You and Ron Wellman might be the only people there watching them play then. The program could not be more flat. Enthusiasm is at an all time low, at least during my lifetime as a Deacon fan.

gyi0063887621_medium.jpg

Wellman was probably close by, so I guess he thought he'd be nice, so Wellman wouldn't have him banned from doing future game for saying what he was really thinking.

Cheers,
BG

Is this a parody????

A win! I'll take any we can get.

Somewhere, Ron Wellman reads this and nods as his lips begin to curl upward into a smile. "Misson Accomplished", he says, before finishing his 5 year extension to Steed Lobotzke.

Glad to see a win tonight. As a Wake fan, it feels much better than a loss. I unlike many here don't think we lose many if any significant transfers and I'm enjoying watching the guys get better. Being extremely unhappy with the coaching and the decisions made is one thing. Directly cheering against Wake is another. I doubt it will but hopefully that shit chills out a big moving ahead, it's fucking shameful.

Cheers,
BG

(1) I'm calling bullshit that you spoke to Ron today.
(2) OF COURSE HE SAID BZ WOULD BE AROUND FOR TWO MORE YEARS. What do you expect a University athletic director to say? "Gosh, I'm thinking I'll fire Bz in February instead of March so we can get a jump on the next hire."

Wellman is going to support Bz until the day that Bz is fired. That's part of his job as the school's AD. What drives people on this board (and hopefully around the fan base) crazy is when Wellman says ridiculous things like how happy he is with the current state of our basketball program.

Back