• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest vs Vanderbilt

Did Tanner have one single late game winning TD drive during his entire career? I honestly can't think of one. The best I can remember is the late drive against LA-Monroe that would have tied the game with a 2 pt conversion. Of course, he spent the entire game before that leading a steady stream of 3 and outs.

UNC last year it he only one I can think of.

Tanner not clutch. Had two guys wide open and can't get the first down and keep the ball. He is a 5-7 QB. Football is now about play makers at QB and he is not that. Mediocre with poor coaching.

If the Coaches were not going to try to win games, then they should have used a younger QB so that QB could gain more experience on how to lose the Wake Forest way.

As bad a season as we had, we easily could have been 8-4...should have won the Miami, UL-L, Duke and Vandy games....with our crap offense/play calling that would have been incredible.

Oh well, this is the WF way I suppose....

As bad a season as we had, we easily could have been 8-4...should have won the Miami, UL-L, Duke and Vandy games....with our crap offense/play calling that would have been incredible.

Oh well, this is the WF way I suppose....
It's a testament to how good the defense was this year that we had a chance to win those four games. Could have beat Syracuse with a good offense as well. That was a 7-0 game late.

Wake Forest football 2013- A quarterback who couldn't throw, receivers who couldn't catch*, running backs who couldn't run, lineman who couldn't block, defenders who couldn't tackle*, coaches who couldn't coach.

*Except for Campanaro and Whitlock

Wake Forest football 2013- A quarterback who couldn't throw, receivers who couldn't catch*, running backs who couldn't run, lineman who couldn't block, defenders who couldn't tackle*, coaches who couldn't coach.

*Except for Campanaro and Whitlock

BUT WE HAVE SELF-IMPOSED RECRUITING LIMITATIONS!!!!!

Random, mostly irrelevant thought-- man, it sure would have been nice to have had Jela Duncan and Quinshad Davis this year and in the next two years.

The staff deserves a lot of heat, in hindsight, for failing to close on either of them.

Random, mostly irrelevant thought-- man, it sure would have been nice to have had Jela Duncan and Quinshad Davis this year and in the next two years.

The staff deserves a lot of heat, in hindsight, for failing to close on either of them.

Perhaps, but I'm not sure this staff would know what in the hell to do with them.

I broke my own rule about reading/posting during games. I really felt good though and thought we'd win this one.

The offense scored 14 points today (12, technically, since PATs are special teams). Defense added another TD. Lobotzke and Grobe and just about everyone on offense owes a goddamned apology to Nikita Whitlock. I felt badly about losing, yet again, but the real thing that bothers me the most is how Whitlock's career closed. He played like an unrestrained beast. And you know he twisted his ankle. Never made a face about it- stayed in the game and kept playing. Hard. I hate how this ended for all our seniors but especially Campanaro and Whitlock. A group of great guys and teammates who never had a winning season at WF. At least we'll get to see them on Sundays, if there's any justice in this fucking world. Sundays and far the hell away from fuckwitted clowns like Lobotzke.

Back