• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest vs Vanderbilt

We're gonna harp on this? Really?

A coach with some confidence in his offense occasionally tries to seize control of the game early by receiving the opening kickoff. If you watch real teams play, this happens every once in a while.
How are we going seize control by going 3 and out?

Seriously though, we had a 14-0 lead last week. We were in control of the game early. Didn't matter.

let's throw millions and incentives at Chad Morris and GTFO

The shit ppl complain about on here and this gets called out. Okay.

Maybe I should have said "we should get ourselves a fucking offense."

i can agree with this part

True. Such a silly thing to complain about. Our defense is stronger than our offense and it means we start the 2nd half with the ball. We should absolutely defer every time we win a toss. If this is Grobe's last game it seems shitty to complain about every little thing.

They scored anyway, so "what does it even matter" is probably the most appropriate response.
You should always defer on the road, unless there's some kind of weather-related consideration (i.e., strong wind). The crowd is loud, drunk, and pumped up at the beginning of the game: you want the home team to have the ball so that your offense doesn't have to deal with all that noise, helping to avoid false start penalties, etc. The home team's QB often will quiet the crowd himself during their opening drive, helping you further. As for the second half, most home fans are still in the pisser / in the concession line / etc. at the second-half kickoff, which is a great time for you as the road team to get your drive going with minimal crowd noise.

we should put all of it in the same place and blow it up and start over

Ha, totally down with this plan.

Tyree Harris is going to be really good.

Just realized I've finally checked out when it comes to Wake football. Not watching and no interest to watch. Meaningless game against an opponent I could care less about.

Price follows up a God-awful throw between 2 receivers with a run in, 7-7.

So now in our last 17 red zone appearances we have 15 touchdowns and 2 field goals? Pretty unbelievable.

(a few minutes behind)

you mean going north/south in the red zone is productive? go figure.

Back