• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's future non-conference opponents in football

We had no idea what to expect that night. It was an amazing atmosphere.

I was at the Beach, tuned into the game late and we were winning and listened to the rest of the game. When I got home I called and ordered season tickets for the first time and haven't stopped since. You could tell that Grobe came in and had really changed the attitude, too bad things ended like they did. I think as time goes by, the good will be remembered a lot more than the bad when it comes to the Grobe era though.

No problem with DC and RW scheduling cupcakes his first year with a young team. I would have a big problem scheduling cupcakes in the fourth year. Sound familiar?

The way things are in college football right now, I think we should schedule an FCS every year. I know that's not real popular with a lot of people, but very few FBS teams don't schedule at least 1 FCS opponent every year and some even schedule 2. You're allowed to count one toward bowl eligibility and pretty much everybody with the exception of a handful of FBS teams take advantage of it. No reason for us not to as well.

The way things are in college football right now, I think we should schedule an FCS every year. I know that's not real popular with a lot of people, but very few FBS teams don't schedule at least 1 FCS opponent every year and some even schedule 2. You're allowed to count one toward bowl eligibility and pretty much everybody with the exception of a handful of FBS teams take advantage of it. No reason for us not to as well.
This conversation comes up every year on the boards, but there is no reason for us to have a brutal non-conference schedule. The ACC is going to present us enough challenging games every year and as mentioned, strength of schedule is never going to matter for Wake. If we start winning 11-12 games every year and miss out on a shot at the national title because of SOS, then we can talk about it. Wake isn't going to miss out on the Peach Bowl because we played ULM or WCU instead of Notre Dame or Nebraska.

Wake also needs to get OOC opponents that will allow us to get 7 home games every year.

I would really love to see a resumption of the Northwestern series. Northwestern is another private, academically similar school. Chicago is a great road trip and there are a lot of alums and potential students in Chicagoland.

I know the reason Northwestern dropped us is because we beat them when they were riding high under Gary Barnett, but that was a long time ago.

Also would love a series with SMU for similar reasons, just substitute "Dallas" for "Chicago."

I'm really surprised the App St. moths have not arrived yet.

We had no idea what to expect that night. It was an amazing atmosphere.

I remember having beer bottles thrown at me and a friend as we left Greenville painted and proud.

Back