• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's future non-conference opponents in football

Cupcake city. First home game, new life and excitement in the program, beat the crap out of sisters of the poor at home. Use that momentum towards the later more important games.

If you were making the schedule for '14, would you try to get a road game for Sept 6th, so that Clawson could build the team away from the home crowd, or play a cupcake at home that weekend?

I would go cupcake for next season for sure. If I were making the schedule, we would not have agreed to the Utah State series at all and would have had two cupcakes for next season.

The last rumor I heard is the final spot for next year will be Western Carolina. Excellent choice, Mars Hill almost beat them this year.

Cupcake city. First home game, new life and excitement in the program, beat the crap out of sisters of the poor at home. Use that momentum towards the later more important games.

Yep.

It would make sense from a logistical point of view with classes starting, the guys would want to settle into a routine. Our conf away games would be Duke NCSU, F$U and L'ville. I wouldn't want to face the 'noles so early, and then fly across the country with all those bruises. We need to beat ULM. I don't want our scalp on their wall without it being avenged.

If you were making the schedule for '14, would you try to get a road game for Sept 6th, so that Clawson could build the team away from the home crowd, or play a cupcake at home that weekend?

That would be a good date for a beatdown on Western

Heard it multiple places. Would be funny considering Grobe started his career at Wake with ECU.

We had no idea what to expect that night. It was an amazing atmosphere.

The bus carrying the band to Greenville somehow managed to get lost in bumfuck eastern NC. It was a fun trip though.

It's not that tough to get lost going to Greenville.

Boy, they thought they were going to beat us by 40 points.

ECU has a weird superiority complex towards Wake eventhough their record versus us is horrible and their only win since the 1970's was very controversial.

No problem with DC and RW scheduling cupcakes his first year with a young team. I would have a big problem scheduling cupcakes in the fourth year. Sound familiar?

There's no reason for us to get too crazy with our scheduling in football whether its the first year or the fourth year. It's not like basketball whethr SOS really matters.

Back