• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

Yeah, not a good look when Louisville of all programs drops more of a penalty than you do. Of anyone I would've thought Army would've given the harshest punishment.

Yeah, not a good look when Louisville of all programs drops more of a penalty than you do. Of anyone I would've thought Army would've given the harshest punishment.

Especially since Bateman's involvement was over multiple seasons.

Did Louisville fine anyone? I know the school/program was fined by the ACC, but were any coaches financially disciplined? If so, was the penalty ~1 month's salary?

Did Louisville fine anyone? I know the school/program was fined by the ACC, but were any coaches financially disciplined? If so, was the penalty ~1 month's salary?

No coaches were fined to my knowledge. The league fined them $25K. At least the institution was punished.

No coaches were fined to my knowledge. The league fined them $25K. At least the institution was punished.

Galloway was suspended from their bowl game. Whether that had financial implications, I wouldn't know.

Much more thorough story than we've seen from other sources.

Can't unsee what you've already seen, Bateman. You're the DC, you digested the diagrams upon seeing them. You don't say *when* you deleted the email. How long after receipt? How long after the game? How long after the exposure of Elrod?

It's interesting to find out after all my years watching college sports that cheating is not a violation of NCAA rules. Who the fuck knew that?

I mean, one guy cheated in football. Bad yeah, but no one got sexually assaulted. Not equivalent

Based on the slaps on the wrists at Louisville, VT, and Army, it's clear that any further investigations just hurt Wake. I'd be surprised if anymore information comes from MSD.

It's interesting to find out after all my years watching college sports that cheating is not a violation of NCAA rules. Who the fuck knew that?

My gosh, they actually steal bases in baseball.........................................Heaven forbid if somebody stole a sign or two in baseball or got caught stealing.

Anyone who finishes reading above post would make a great partner in a survival situation.

Last edited:
Elrod probably bet against Wake and made money. He may not be the only one out there doing this kind of crap, or using inside information to make money.

Back