• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

Sure. But that doesn't mean he needs to move his family.

Sure. But that doesn't mean he needs to move his family.

Suppose be doesn't "need" to, but most and maybe 90%+ of his family's relationships have been forever damaged. I'm sure some of his WFU friends have extended an olive branch, but you never come completely back from that level of betrayal.

Suppose be doesn't "need" to, but most and maybe 90%+ of his family's relationships have been forever damaged. I'm sure some of his WFU friends have extended an olive branch, but you never come completely back from that level of betrayal.

I think you're greatly overestimating how much people care about Wake Forest Football. If my best friends did this I wouldn't stop being their best friend. If you would? You care about Wake Forest Football entirely too much.

Sure. But people are acting like Elrod gets pelted by tomatoes if he steps into a Harris Teeter.

Its not like his friends didn't know he was pissed. We have had like 10 acquaintances since tell us they knew he was pissed.

I don't know what pissed them off, but it seems like all the staff was pissed, so I presume it was something

Probably wellman being wellman and promising them a battle deal (they stay on?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't have a best friend like that. I wouldn't hire a guy like that, I wouldn't let a guy like that coach kid, I wouldn't play golf with a guy like that, wouldn't go into business with a guy like that. Overestimate how much people care about wake forest football??? Guess you missed the military bowl. New practice facilities? rebuilding? Investing? People care.

So if your best friend on earth did what he did you'd never speak to him again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope I never come across that kind of situation. I don't believe I would have a best friend like that. Hard to say.

No one hopes they come across that situation and no one believes their best friend would do that. But imagine if he did? I ain't throwing away 20+ years of friendship over it. Someone is this guys best friend, so someone is dealing with it.

I think you're greatly overestimating how much people care about Wake Forest Football. If my best friends did this I wouldn't stop being their best friend. If you would? You care about Wake Forest Football entirely too much.

This is laughable. His behavior is far more troubling than what it means to Wake Football. He is an iconic example of what humans are capable of. He is everything you pray your children don't end up like. A lying, low character piece of shit, absorbed by his own frustrations and desires at the expense of all others. So if you owned a small company and hired a trusted friend and he sold you out to your competitor, your position would be......no problem.

No, but people will be talking behind his back. People when they find out who he is in a social setting will turn around and walk away with a scowl in their face. It's going to be extremely uncomfortable having any kind of social life in WS after this.

There is no way that life would be easy in WS. There are Wake supporters and alumni in every power social circle. These people are going to shun him like the plague.

I would assume most of his friends care a great deal about Wake in general, and keep in mind, he played and coached the football team so it would not surprise me if many of his friends care about Wake sports as well. Nonetheless, his conduct demonstrates a pretty deep character flaw.

That kind of stink is permanently stuck to his shoe. It doesn't dissipate quickly, if at all.

it's like you people have never read a palma post before.

Sure. But people are acting like Elrod gets pelted by tomatoes if he steps into a Harris Teeter.

What percentage of the general population would even recognize him (and know what he did) in Winston-Salem? And of that, what percentage would actually say or do anything if they saw him? Ones of people?

If he was in the vicinity of a Wake event, however...

Last edited:
Right. I'm sure he's fine if he stays away from campus.

Agree that Elrod "is fine" in Winston in that I don't think anyone would physically attack him (although not beyond the realm if he is any place where people drink).

That said, wouldn't be surprised and would expect that derogatory/abusive comments are directed towards him on a regular basis as he is out and about. I feel less than zero sympathy for him, but living in Winston will suck for him for years if he chooses to stay around. Can he stop by Chipolte and get a burrito? Sure, but he is not going to be a man about town.

Also, I understand his wife has a solid local job, but Elrod is close to unemployable unless he wants to work the aisles at Dicks. He has done as a football coach, in radio and in any type of PR/social networking type of job; the only thing he has done for 20 years.

IOW, his life sucks, and I am glad.

Agree that Elrod "is fine" in Winston in that I don't think anyone would physically attack him (although not beyond the realm if he is any place where people drink).

That said, wouldn't be surprised and would expect that derogatory/abusive comments are directed towards him on a regular basis as he is out and about. I feel less than zero sympathy for him, but living in Winston will suck for him for years if he chooses to stay around. Can he stop by Chipolte and get a burrito? Sure, but he is not going to be a man about town.

Also, I understand his wife has a solid local job, but Elrod is close to unemployable unless he wants to work the aisles at Dicks. He has done as a football coach, in radio and in any type of PR/social networking type of job; the only thing he has done for 20 years.

IOW, his life sucks, and I am glad.

People keep saying stuff like this. It's hard for me to imagine enough people know who he is that this would be the case.

Thing about Elrod staying in Winston is the impact of this on his family. I don't know if he even has school-age kids, but if he does, you know that they have caught flack. Ditto his wife. It's the collateral damage to his family that would be mitigated by him getting the heck out of Dodge.

Back