• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

Lock him up!

His recklessness left secret information in the hands of our opponents and could bring down the entire league. Sad!

"Lies Made Up by Our Enemies"

Can Clawson be our Harbaugh? Will he?

Pretty much this. Also I doubt that we will pursue criminal charges against Tommy (if there are any colorable charges, I don't really know). And I think that's probably the right call

If it's discovered he was helping to fix games, this goes well beyond what Wake "will pursue".

Also, teams self-scout to pick up how other teams read their team's tendencies. The WF coaches must have been freaking out wondering why opponents knew what was coming.

Maybe that is the reason for the changes in open practice policies?

Always get a second cell phone.

How can anyone in this day and age not use a burner phone when doing nefarious stuff?

Pretty sure Elrod hates penalty kicks and is going to say so in his press conference tomorrow.

OK that was funny.

i'll go on the record as predicting only 1 school benefited from this breach and money was not a factor.

I agree. We were awful in 2014 and not much better in 2015. Why would anyone pay more than $1.99 for that info? Every team knew they could beat us using their 3rd string. This smacks of personal vendetta.

Last edited:
Very true. No evidence of that right now though
0 evidence of anything released right now. All we have is a statement from a man who told us we should see that Buzz is winning. Not saying the evidence isnt there, maybe it is, but we need to see it. Why not show it?

0 evidence of anything released right now. All we have is a statement from a man who told us we should see that Buzz is winning. Not saying the evidence isnt there, maybe it is, but we need to see it. Why not show it?

Well I think we can safely assume that the statement is accurate, because if not, the legal consequences would be massive. And it said that they have texts, phone calls, emails, etc.

Well I think we can safely assume that the statement is accurate, because if not, the legal consequences would be massive. And it said that they have texts, phone calls, emails, etc.

Which raises even bigger questions. How does Wake obtain texts, phone calls and emails if Elrod is doing the alleged activity outside of Wake and using either personal or an external employer's equipment?

Even if he used IMG equipment, isn't IMG an independent contractor for Wake?

I'm sure there are logical explanations for these questions in coming days. But, it's a little confusing at the moment.

And, oh, by the way. The story is now being analyzed more in-depth on ESPN's SportsCenter. It's getting legs....

The ESPN segment was pretty good imo. Had an analyst give an explanation as to why Elrod was given access to so much and didn't place any blame on WF. They didn't, however, ask a question or talk about if other coaches knew about it, why didn't they inform the WFU staff or athletic department.

They did say "Wake has been 125th out of 125 on offense the last three years and maybe now we know why" lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which raises even bigger questions. How does Wake obtain texts, phone calls and emails if Elrod is doing the alleged activity outside of Wake and using either personal or an external employer's equipment?

Even if he used IMG equipment, isn't IMG an independent contractor for Wake?

I'm sure there are logical explanations for these questions in coming days. But, it's a little confusing at the moment.

And, oh, by the way. The story is now being analyzed more in-depth on ESPN's SportsCenter. It's getting legs....

I'm sure IMG would voluntarily give any records it had to Wake. There's a close relationship there. I'd be somewhat surprised if he had an IMG phone/email/etc. though given that he really only worked a few days/year for them.

Also, as I mentioned before, Verger Capital, which is his day job, is jointly owned by Wake Forest (it was our old endowment office, which got spun off), so very possible they had access to any records from there.

Or maybe Elrod handed over his stuff voluntarily, you never know.

Any clips out there of the national coverage? What type of analysis is out there?

Any clips out there of the national coverage? What type of analysis is out there?

SportsCenter is recycling the last hour in about 2 minutes. They did at least 5-7 full minutes on the story. Video probably up on their site soon.

The lack of information makes me read a slight tone of WFU propaganda into it. I don't trust MSD entirely because they have a history of attempting to spin stories. I am not saying there is no truth to the story, and WFU and IMG would certainly have not taken the actions they did without justification, but the lack of transparency raises my antennae.

A lot of bad things have occurred under Wellmans watch.

Last edited:
Back