• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

Man, i haven't watched sports center in like a decade. It is like 90% commercials.

Yeah. I caught the segment this hour. Good analysis.

This probably wasn't that hard to track down.

Goes to Louisville, finds incriminating info.

Who is at Louisville with a tie to Wake Forest? Lonnie Galloway.

Who at Wake still knows Lonnie Galloway? Couple of defensive coaches and a radio announcer, that radio announcer was co-passing game coordinator with Galloway and was passed over by Clawson when he assembled a new staff.

tommy-lee-jones.jpg

I'd trust this guy.

Has anyone suggested yet that Grobe ordered the code red? Would kinda like to get in on that early before vegas changes the line

Lovely to see Wake dominate the morning talk shows like this. Unfortuneately, it seems somewhat fitting these days. Ugh.

Mike and Mike discussing now. And getting in plenty of WFU football digs.

Pretty much this. Also I doubt that we will pursue criminal charges against Tommy (if there are any colorable charges, I don't really know). And I think that's probably the right call

Not so sure about that.
If he caused Wake to lose a number of games over the past 3 years, that could have caused Wake and the coaches significant monetary losses, in addition to more difficultly in recruiting that could impact the performance of the team in the future.
Just think, this year alone, what if we actually beat UL and that momentum carried us to a few more wins?
We could possibly be ranked and in a much bigger bowl game. Lot's of potential $ there.

Sports Junkies (based in DC) talked about it this morning too. They called it treason. Put Benedict Elrod in stocks on the quad and let the angry students, alumni, and fans pelt him with produce as part of his punishment.

Mike and Mike discussing now. And getting in plenty of WFU football digs.

I'm sure there are plenty of digs all over, but just remember in a State with 2 big state schools and another major private school that the media adores, Wake is the last team to win an ACC title and only Big four team to go to a major bowl game since WWII.

Commercial break now they just replayed the interview with that asshat Patrino, from November. He might not have any knowledge about what happened. Hell maybe it was an exchange of information with Louisville since we looked so good for the first half?? I know that is a stretch but just how far does this go?? Let us make no bones about it, our offense has been lacking for quite sometime. Do we really think our opponents had men in trench coats waiting at the bar of diners in each town associated with the colleges for the chance to obtain a manilla envelope which contained our plays drawn with number 10 Crayola Crayons?? What if Tommy Boy is Wellman's fall guy and he is now living on the island owned by Wellman right next door to Buzz??

They were talking about it at like 6:30 when I was watching, too.

Yeah, it's the most airtime our football program has gotten since the Orange Bowl run and it has to be over this shit.:mad:

I hate to say this and am waiting for the NCAA to tear this apart. When you have a guy that has been with a program for so long and is being accused of something like this, it's hard for me to think they will just turn a blindeye. How long has he been doing this? Was it an exchange of information? What coaches(ours or the opponent's) knew about his actions? Is the guy this smart that he could repeat the plays on paper after watching a practice or did he use video or did he have direct access to the books themselves & took pictures? So many questions that we will more than likely never be given answers.

So a guy just called in to Rock 92 and said that Elrod and an opposing coach met at an Applebee's (not clear if it was in WS or out-of-town) and some WF football info was written on a napkin and someone turned it over to the AD.

Now, I realize this guy could be and probably is FOS and that Rock 92 isn't exactly a great source of information, but has anyone heard this.

Personally, I can't picture Elrod at an Applebee's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back