• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

I hate to say this and am waiting for the NCAA to tear this apart. When you have a guy that has been with a program for so long and is being accused of something like this, it's hard for me to think they will just turn a blindeye. How long has he been doing this? Was it an exchange of information? What coaches(ours or the opponent's) knew about his actions? Is the guy this smart that he could repeat the plays on paper after watching a practice or did he use video or did he have direct access to the books themselves & took pictures? So many questions that we will more than likely never be given answers.
Great ACC-based diversion from the UNC situation too!

Countdown to Elrod's enrollment in gamblers anonymous. Gonna be the addiction thing. 12 step program. He's a victim. I give it less than a week.

That or the excuse will be he's still messed up from losing a child, which as a parent is the worst thing imaginable and am in no way making light of that in the least, but wrong is wrong and even that isn't an acceptable excuse.

i am as #wellmanout as anyone but clearly this is way outside the bounds of something anyone could have predicted. wellman should resign but not because of this. i am pretty sure most of the "blame wellman" posts were a bit tongue in cheek. most.

Dude I'm at work, basically said talked to Elrod after Tulane game and he was unusually bashing the staff and how we were going to lose to Duke the next week. Said Elrod thought we would only win one more game the whole year. Just said the whole conversation was unusually strange on the negative front.

I thought Elrod's game commentary was full of snark and negativity throughout the entire season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is the "Tommy Elrod clears the air over accusations of 'treason'" post followed by a link to a Rick Astley video?

I didn't realize anyone actually listened to radio broadcasts of our games.

So a guy just called in to Rock 92 and said that Elrod and an opposing coach met at an Applebee's (not clear if it was in WS or out-of-town) and some WF football info was written on a napkin and someone turned it over to the AD.

Now, I realize this guy could be and probably is FOS and that Rock 92 isn't exactly a great source of information, but has anyone heard this.

Personally, I can't picture Elrod at an Applebee's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds like an episode of Friday Night Lights LOL......maybe Tyra was the waitress LOL

Not sure if this had been mentioned yet, but I recall a couple of years back us playing Clemson and one of the players dads saying that Clemson's defense were yelling out our plays as soon as they were called in. This may have been near the end of Grobe's tenure, it has been a few years back. Is it possible that Elrod was selling out this info when he was still a coach?

Not sure if this had been mentioned yet, but I recall a couple of years back us playing Clemson and one of the players dads saying that Clemson's defense were yelling out our plays as soon as they were called in. This may have been near the end of Grobe's tenure, it has been a few years back. Is it possible that Elrod was selling out this info when he was still a coach?

anything is possible at this point

Exactly.

Dude I'm at work, basically said talked to Elrod after Tulane game and he was unusually bashing the staff and how we were going to lose to Duke the next week. Said Elrod thought we would only win one more game the whole year. Just said the whole conversation was unusually strange on the negative front.

Again, this argues against the monetary motive to some degree. If he was manipulating the spread, he wouldn't bash the team, he would build them up publicly and then undermine them with the info transfer.

"Tommy is a spoiled rich kid who was never told 'No'."

When Clawson did not retain him, he could not handle it.

Given how much press this has gotten, we are sure to get more details.

Back