• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

No way he was out of loop. If you lined up all 128 FBS coaches, there are 127 I would believe didn't know about something like this before I would believe Petrino didn't.

Finebaum killing Louisville and wondering where Swofford is.

“I have no knowledge of the situation,’’ Petrino responded by email, when asked to comment about the report. “We take a lot of pride in the way we operate our program. As I’ve stated already this season, my coaching philosophy has always been to play the game with sportsmanship.

Two "I didn't know what was going on with people on my staff" defenses from the two major revenue producing head coaches in an 18 month period. Bold strategy Cotton!

So true. You'd think somebody would have gotten a statement from Grobe about this by now. At the very least, a "no comment" or "I'm shocked Tommy would do something like this."

Grobe, who spent this season coaching Baylor on an interim basis, knows Elrod well and said he talked to him Wednesday to "keep his head up and love him."

"It's beyond incomprehensible to me," said Grobe, who had Elrod on his staff for about a decade. "If Tommy made any mistakes, I know he didn't do it maliciously."

Grobe was asked whether he thought Elrod was capable of this when Elrod was on his staff at Wake.

"Not at all. Tommy's a coach," Grobe said. "When you talk to other coaches, you tend to talk football. My guess -- and this is just a total guess on my part -- but sometimes as a coach, you talk coach stuff and you may say too much. We talk football.

"I don't know if that's the case, but I just know there's no maliciousness in Tommy Elrod. I was just shocked when I heard this. He certainly wouldn't want to hurt Wake Forest."

Link

I really can't believe they're going with the "but they didn't run those plays" defense.

The axes are out for Galloway on the Louiville board. My guess is they want to shield Petrino.

I really can't believe they're going with the "but they didn't run those plays" defense.

They're saying that to let everyone know that it didn't affect the outcome of the game, which seems to be the most important thing to Louisville.

If you play in a golf tournament and carry 18 clubs in your bag but you didn't use but 14, you cheated. Why? Because you BROKE THE RULES.

Last edited:
“I have no knowledge of the situation,’’ Petrino responded by email, when asked to comment about the report. “We take a lot of pride in the way we operate our program. As I’ve stated already this season, my coaching philosophy has always been to play the game with sportsmanship.

How the f**k could that slimeball say that with a straight face? Really, Bobby.....

It's pretty obvious that Louisville is going to throw Galloway under the proverbial bus.

Over/under on how long until we provide evidence that some of those plays were run?

If it turns out Louisville is flat out lying in their statement does this also then turn into something where heads start rolling in the AD office?

Can the whole playbook really be described as a few plays?

Back