• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

Galloway is going to have to take one in the ass for Petrino. Either that or they just stay a rogue program and are okay with that.

Couple of thoughts:

* The Louisville AD is trying to throw water on the dumpster fire but a phone call between two old friends does not equate to a full play book or drawn out plays. Would have to include either an email with diagrams or an attachment with the full playbook with the follow up phone call outlining a few plays to look out for - those Elrod probably watched performed in practice that week

* Galloway is an offensive coach, I believe, so he passed the info onto the defensive coordinator. Possible that Petrino was clueless to this, but doubtful

* I expect there to be at least three or four more games that will come up over the next several months. The question to ask is who else does Elrod know on other staffs since 2014 that we played? I doubt he approaches anyone other than a confidant. Someone he coached with at Wake or elsewhere.

* He must really fucking hate Coach Clawson to do this

Ray McCartney at Army and Brian Knorr at Indiana. Welcome to yesterday.

the end was sitting on it as were the 5 ppl behind him

if they knew the play i think they would have rushed a bit harder

this one's a meh

I don't know, it looks like they were looking for it to me. I mean yeah, they didn't know for sure we were running it on that snap, so I wouldn't expect them to be selling out for that play. However, considering we had handed it off to the RB pretty much every time we'd run that orbit motion during the season, it sure didn't seem like Ville bite on the fake to the RB at all.

Went over to Louisville's scout board and you have two sides of "yeah Jurich's statement looks really bad. Embarrassing. Something will come of this. We cheated." And "Jurich made it seem like it wasn't a big deal, so it's probably not a big."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ESPN's Andrea Adelson reports that WF did run one of the compromised plays and it was schemed perfectly so they scrapped the rest.

Well that didnt take long. If true the AD ought to be on his way out the door too.

I don't know, it looks like they were looking for it to me. I mean yeah, they didn't know for sure we were running it on that snap, so I wouldn't expect them to be selling out for that play. However, considering we had handed it off to the RB pretty much every time we'd run that orbit motion during the season, it sure didn't seem like Ville bite on the fake to the RB at all.

Well the play was run out of a relatively untraditional formation so that's a pretty telling sign of what play you're going to run if they have been told about it before.

"Watch out for this to happen when they line up in this formation" basically.

I think this will bring Petrino down - again. I really do. I will be surprised if he is coaching the Cardinals next season. He might make it through the bowl game, but Petrino will be gone.

I think this will bring Petrino down - again. I really do. I will be surprised if he is coaching the Cardinals next season. He might make it through the bowl game, but Petrino will be gone.

I hope you're right, that sleaze needs to be out of college football. Of course, there will be another school that will be willing to sell the soul and hire him.

One would think that the Louisville people wouldn't be dumb enough to make statements that could easily be disproved (for example, that we didn't run any of the leaked plays). If they weren't morons, that is. #fourthtier

Grobe really comes off as a naive (or stupid) old man.

Yeah, I get that part about saying he's shocked and can't believe Elrod would do this, but the excuse making of how it could happen without him having intent is a bit much. People who knew Ted Bundy for years were shocked he turned out to be a mass murderer.

Well the play was run out of a relatively untraditional formation so that's a pretty telling sign of what play you're going to run if they have been told about it before.

"Watch out for this to happen when they line up in this formation" basically.

Right.

I question the wisdom of running any plays that go backwards in that spot on the field, but it's unfathomable given that we knew they knew about that play.

You realize that Rick Pitino is still the basketball coach there, right?

MDMH, what's better? This or your wedding day? You must be loving this.

Right.

I question the wisdom of running any plays that go backwards in that spot on the field, but it's unfathomable given that we knew they knew about that play.

Unless you run one play to out the mole

Haven't seen OGB around lately. Wonder what he's up to

This goes to show how bad [name redacted] was. Our football team went 6-6 when other teams knew the plays. [name redacted] couldn't even win when other teams didn't know the plays.

Also, I realize how badly Ron Wellman has handled some things, but I would be shocked if Wake didn't have their ducks in a row on everything from the precise communications to what plays were and were not run.

Last edited:
You realize that Rick Pitino is still the basketball coach there, right?

Having a football coach named Petrino and a basketball coach named Pitino, surprising. Both being scumbags and coaching at Louisville, not surprising.

Back