• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

This goes to show how bad [Redacted] was. Our football team went 6-6 when other teams knew the plays. [Redacted] couldn't even win when other teams didn't know the plays.

Yeah, but he didn't either, so.

Unless you run one play to out the mole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't run it on 1st and 10 from the Louisville 38. Save it for 3rd and 10 from our 20.

Yeah, that statement comes off as so detached from reality that it's hard to believe. Not malicious? Surely he can't really believe that.

This was not Grobe's first out of touch "ah shucks" statement to the press.

All of these things have happened Under Wellman, how does Wellman get to keep skating?

May want to check out the @Tommy_Elrod Twitter feed. Not sure if it's real or not, but if it's him he's saying he's going to release a list of the schools he provided info to.

Rating: 2.9/5 this site
8 posts this site
Re: Scandal Fatigue
4:12 PM
(3 votes)

and the friend wasn't even on the WF staff at the time. Receiving information from someone who is just giving it out is what seems to have happened. The way people are reacting makes it seem we broke in and stole their game plan. I feel like I have good morals and I do not see anything wrong from our end. This isn't pop warner football. This is big time football where each and every game is on a spotlight, with millions of dollars of salary at stake for D1 coaches. As a competitor you want every legal advantage when facing any opponent, and this from understanding is not illegal. Is it illegal that we have the fastest qb in country? Is it illegal when a coach leaves a school and later faces them and knows their playbook? No. What if he had given misleading information in order to help wake win? Would this story look differently?
3rdandBlunder
Hall of Fame
Rating: 3.4/5 this site
12952 posts this site
Re: Scandal Fatigue
4:14 PM
(2 votes)

I mean, we can argue optics on this all you want...but I don't give a crap about the optics of something. The reality is, no rules were broken. What's next?

In all seriousness why are people slamming Wellman. He found the mole in a month. Pretty badass work by him

All of these things have happened Under Wellman, how does Wellman get to keep skating?

I understand Wellman isn't popular around here but this is totally out of his control and I think he's handled it the right way. He could have tried to keep this hush hush but he didn't. My guess is Clawson caught wind of it and basically forced the AD's hand to make this public.

May want to check out the @Tommy_Elrod Twitter feed. Not sure if it's real or not, but if it's him he's saying he's going to release a list of the schools he provided info to.

No doubt it's legit.

That account is already baleted

In all seriousness why are people slamming Wellman. He found the mole in a month. Pretty badass work by him

And the CIA found Bin Laden... Not Obama

Back