• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

Point being tossed around on the Louisville boards right now is that we are just as guilty in this whole thing because we found gameplans laying around and didn't notify anyone. Not sure how they don't see the distinction, even if it was their whole playbook laying around vs. only specific plays, between someone leaving information lying around vs. an insider providing that information directly to a coaching staff.

If brains were dynamite that fanbase couldn't blow an ant's nose.

Scooter, what is your problem? We know Galloway took info. We know Elrod gave it. If they were moral corrupt enough to give/receive a month ago, they were likely capable of receiving info while at Wake.

You act like something so simple is convoluted.

I'm just trying to figure out how deep this goes and account for all angles. I hope our athletic department is doing the same.

It just makes no sense that you would bend over backwards like this to try to say that Wake (through Elrod when he was a coach) might have cheated as well. I already said that Elrod has shown the lack of moral backbone to indicate that he could have received info it it were available. The problem is that, other than Elrod's actions themselves, I have seen no evidence whatsoever that this has ever happened before. Ever. And college football has been around for a long time.

In order for Elrod to have received info when he was a coach, someone would have had to provide it. Who would that have been? Coaches at other schools would not be so motivated - it would hurt their own team and therefore themselves. Someone in media elsewhere, like Elrod? I guess, theoretically, but, again, it has never happened before. Why stretch so far to try and speculate? I don't see what is driving you to go that direction. And I don't think anyone else does either.

It just makes no sense that you would bend over backwards like this to try to say that Wake (through Elrod when he was a coach) might have cheated as well. I already said that Elrod has shown the lack of moral backbone to indicate that he could have received info it it were available. The problem is that, other than Elrod's actions themselves, I have seen no evidence whatsoever that this has ever happened before. Ever. And college football has been around for a long time.

In order for Elrod to have received info when he was a coach, someone would have had to provide it. Who would that have been? Coaches at other schools would not be so motivated - it would hurt their own team and therefore themselves. Someone in media elsewhere, like Elrod? I guess, theoretically, but, again, it has never happened before. Why stretch so far to try and speculate? I don't see what is driving you to go that direction. And I don't think anyone else does either.

Because if he doesn't have it on record and it would could to pass, he wouldn't be able to say "Look at me, I'm so smart, I told you so."

Also, we did notify them correct? It was in the news a couple days after the game.

Not certain if/when we notified them or if it just came out publicly. Either way, assuming that it was after the game and not before it, but I don't think that we found a playbook lying around and used it all to our advantage.

Probably just trying to explain why we were beating them for most of the game.

I always though the statement from Louisville's AD that "well, they didn't run any of those plays anyway" was incredibly stupid and out-of-touch. Clawson provided great context for that today.

Because the only way you can say "Well they didn't run those plays" is BECAUSE YOU KNEW THE PLAYS AHEAD OF TIME. Such a stupid stupid thing to say. What an a$$ hat of an AD.

Not certain if/when we notified them or if it just came out publicly. Either way, assuming that it was after the game and not before it, but I don't think that we found a playbook lying around and used it all to our advantage.

Probably just trying to explain why we were beating them for most of the game.

Equipment mgr found the cards (not playbook). Cards given to Ruggiero. Ruggiero recognized they were our formations, sets, and plays. These are the known facts. Lville doofi are spreading disinformation.

Too much attention to this but you're misrepresenting your position. My spelling, per your link, is clearly the commonly accepted spelling which you've called into question. Please stop being obtuse. To what purpose?

You just got Elrodded!

Why do you give a shit what Ph speculates on a message board?

Wake is States rival? Huh

I don't know how far back you go but Wake and State have been rivals for a long, long time. Back in the 40's, the campuses weren't that far from each other. And even after Wake moved, in the 50's and 60's they were still huge basketball rivals.

Point being tossed around on the Louisville boards right now is that we are just as guilty in this whole thing because we found gameplans laying around and didn't notify anyone. Not sure how they don't see the distinction, even if it was their whole playbook laying around vs. only specific plays, between someone leaving information lying around vs. an insider providing that information directly to a coaching staff.

Lol, we found gameplans for our plays that they weren't supposed to have.

As a practical matter, if you are an assistant coach and you receive information that you do not want to use for ethical reasons, would you prefer, for purposes of your continued and/or future employment, to (1) blow the whistle immediately or (2) not say anything about it and defend your actions once the breach comes to light?
If I'm an assistant coach in this situation, I tell my head coach and that's it. The decision to "blow the whistle" is up to him.

WF literally notified everyone. WF went public shortly after the discovery.

I decided to take a look at the Louisville "board" and here is what I found:

fb2d392c666a7e23bf310425d3afedcf.jpg

Back