• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

Given how much press this has gotten, we are sure to get more details.

Given how much press this has gotten, we are sure to get more details.

Terrible press, honestly without knowing the details it's impossible to know if this should've been discovered earlier, but you know other schools will use it to negative recruit against us. "You really want to go play for a Mickey Mouse program like Wake Forest? Their radio color guy was giving away game plans for 3 years and they didn't even know it."

Terrible press, honestly without knowing the details it's impossible to know if this should've been discovered earlier, but you know other schools will use it to negative recruit against us. "You really want to go play for a Mickey Mouse program like Wake Forest? Their radio color guy was giving away game plans for 3 years and they didn't even know it."

exactly. This douche may have fucked us for years and years.

We raised money for a freakin billboard. How about raising money to have Elrod's legs broken.

Tommy bashed Clawson routinely with friends around Buena Vista and Old Town. Every time I ran into him he was bashing Clawson and Wake. Not appropriate for the Wake radio guy.

Dude I'm at work, basically said talked to Elrod after Tulane game and he was unusually bashing the staff and how we were going to lose to Duke the next week. Said Elrod thought we would only win one more game the whole year. Just said the whole conversation was unusually strange on the negative front.

We raised money for a freakin billboard. How about raising money to have Elrod's legs broken.

I'd say make him a tackling dummy for the rest of the bowl practices, I'm sure guys like Ejiofor, Banks, and Lee would like to say hello.

I'm not advocating anyone to harm Elrod or his family, or cause any serious property damage, but flaming bags of human excrement on his porch should be a given for the next several nights.

Forsyth Country registrar of deeds could be useful here...

We gonna be heroes when we take down the whole conference. I'd be more worried about if I was at a school that took the info. NCAA is going to pay you a visit. Could be an excellent recruiting tool. These schools cheated and are going on probation. We run a clean program at Wake.

I'm not advocating anyone to harm Elrod or his family, or cause any serious property damage, but flaming bags of human excrement on his porch should be a given for the next several nights.

I think it should be a little more in line with the tradition at MSD, roll his house....with used toilet paper.

We gonna be heroes when we take down the whole conference. I'd be more worried about if I was at a school that took the info. NCAA is going to pay you a visit. Could be an excellent recruiting tool. These schools cheated and are going on probation. We run a clean program at Wake.

I hope so. The si.com article someone posted was saying that the league has an obligation to investigate this and punish any teams that took the info, but also said that conferences tend to favor their bigger members over the smaller ones, which we have always known. In other words, if this were Clemson or FSU, there'd be a shock and awe investigation, but since it's LOWF, who knows.

GIS site is more useful.

I hope so. The si.com article someone posted was saying that the league has an obligation to investigate this and punish any teams that took the info, but also said that conferences tend to favor their bigger members over the smaller ones, which we have always known. In other words, if this were Clemson or FSU, there'd be a shock and awe investigation, but since it's LOWF, who knows.

It would be interesting to see the ACC's response if UNC was alleged to have accepted information.

From yesterday:

He's completely deleted everything he has on the Internet - Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc. From the Google result on his LinkedIn, he's a Business Development Director at Verger Capital Management.

ETA: not listed on that company's website, as someone has posted.

Everything except his info on WIN.

I'm guessing some folks have a screenshot. Commence PM chain.

There may be some very under the radar pressure from the Vegas "sharps." They don't like having unaccounted for factors affecting the outcome of games. Something like this could have an influence on their income.

The TV sports carriers also will want a thorough investigation. If their product is tainted by scandal and fixing it is not good for them.

Therefore I don't think this will be made to go away until it is known how widespread this s.

The NCAA will investigate this. They have to. They'll want to nail Petrino at a minimum.

Back