• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

It's relevant in the context of the sidebar discussion suggesting Wake's athletic department is being reckless (or even disingenuous) in making these accusations public - there's been plenty of that in this thread.

Again, you don't need a good lawyer to know that you don't put this stuff out there unless you have proof. So what are we debating?

What makes this so mind boggling is who would need advance knowledge of our game plans? Deacon fans have known for years we run two plays up the middle, throw an incomplete pass, and punt...

Louisville fans on their Scout board outraged at LOWF for shining the light on them and SI piled on their coach. That's an awesome outcome. We have a new rival. Sweet.

You can fire an employee in this state because they heard from a friend of a friend that the employee got a speeding ticket. Get real.
Oh I believe you. It was all an illusion. Got it. Man, I really wonder what case I actually did testify in. Good thing I have an all knowing oracle to set my faulty memory straight.

Oh I believe you. It was all an illusion. Got it. Man, I really wonder what case I actually did testify in. Good thing I have an all knowing oracle to set my faulty memory straight.

No kidding. I guess the thousand or so employment lawyers in NC should just find something else to do. geez....

You can fire an employee in this state because they heard from a friend of a friend that the employee got a speeding ticket. Get real.

You can also sue the shit out of somebody for slandering you and causing you to lose 2 jobs.

I hope to hell Tommy didn't do this. But Wake certainly understood the danger of saying he did if there was not solid proof.

That is true, and it's called "at will" employment. But it does not apply if they had a contract. Or if the ticket was pretext for something illegal, like race gender religion. But I appreciate the level of confidence with which you spout nonsense.

How I see this going down...

I see all the schools that cheated walking away clean because the ACC and NCAA will play this as a Wake Forest issue. Also, it is hard to prove that the stolen plays would have impacted the outcome of the game because the players still have to make the plays. A ref can directly affect a game by removing key players or using the whistle, but coaches are at the mercy of their players.

I hope that I am wrong, but I see fines for schools and maybe a 1 game suspension for Bobby Petrino next season from the ACC. As for schools in other conferences, they skate free.

Again, you don't need a good lawyer to know that you don't put this stuff out there unless you have proof. So what are we debating?

You and me? Nothing. I was merely chiming in to agree with that notion. Some have insinuated otherwise. The only reason I responded to you is because of your irrelevant comment.

If already noted, apologies....

Didn't the Indiana HC recently get fired for some vague reason of disagreement with the AD ? Hmmmm....

Beyond Indiana, I'm gonna guess the obvious on Dirt Bag U., AKA Louisville and perhaps Tulane.

Back