• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

Well he could have eleborated even more. Or they just had dinner.

Was the money angle of this completely ruled out or did people just lose interest and say to hell with it and let this clown off the hook from further investigation?

So when does Army fess up? Oh. It's a government institution. Sorry I asked.

No. He definitely elaborated. What else are they gonna talk about? Can only talk about family for so long.

Eh, who knows. Even if he hadn't been leaking info, I wouldn't have considered it weird for our radio guy to get dinner with a guy he knew on the opposing staff when he happened to be in town for a game. Wouldn't surprise me if Dinger has done it a bunch of times (because Dinger knows everybody)

Come on. If two dudes who are willing to give and receive information over the phone and then meet in person, how do you not think they wouldn't elaborate in person?

Come on. If two dudes who are willing to give and receive information over the phone and then meet in person, how do you not think they wouldn't elaborate in person?

I don't know if they did or not. Who cares honestly at this point. It doesn't change anything.

He probably did eleborate more, but to what extent? Who know and it doesn't really matter agh this point.

Army suspends DC Jay Bateman 2 weeks and fines him $25K for his role in WakeyLeaks per Bleacher Report

Army suspended DC Jay Bateman for 2 weeks and fine him $25,000 for his role in the Elrod scandal. Can't find an article yet.

Very disappointing if true. That's a slap on the wrist.

So, Bateman takes a 2 week vacation AFTER NSD but BEFORE spring practice and the school gets/saves $25,000. The only punishment is the money Bateman loses, but I'm sure the booster club will make up for that. So much for our service academy's "high moral standards".

The loss to Army almost cost WF a bowl game, and Clawson $millions.

I don't think Elrod had any pre-existing connections to Bateman. His involvement should put to bed the stupid notion that this was just Elrod having dinner with former colleagues.

So no details on what his involvement was...just that he was fined and suspended for his involvement?

I don't think Elrod had any pre-existing connections to Bateman. His involvement should put to bed the stupid notion that this was just Elrod having dinner with former colleagues.

Remember that the Army leaks happened over two different seasons. Ray McCartney was implicated for accepting the information in the earlier season. That's probably where Bateman entered the picture, and the contact was probably renewed in 2016. Disappointed in McCartney!

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18638227/army-black-knights-suspend-fine-jay-bateman-wrongdoing-related-wake-forest-scandal

Last edited:
Back