• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's Tabb facing criminal charges

In my opinion, he probably should have been gone for good at the end of last year. At least then he wouldn't be putting Wake in a bad light again.

Another excellent example of Buzz's decision making abilities.

anyone else laugh at this line:

Coach Jeff [Redacted] said Tabb has been released from Wake Forest.

"I don't exactly when it was but it was a few days ago," [Redacted] said of Tabb's release.

Translation: I don't know and I don't care. Just GTFO.

I'm not so certain. At the time, we all thought he had mono and needed to get his academics in order. Had he let him go then, it would have been (yet another) PR nightmare and we all would have kicked up a shit storm. Not that this is any better but I have a hard time blaming him for not kicking Tabb off back then.

I believe this makes Carson the only WF player 6'7" or taller to not be either charged with a crime or kicked off the team in the past year.

HANG IT

I'm talking about at the end of the season/last semester when he was "indefinitely suspended."

I'm surprised you don't think this is a case of Buzz not being able to relate to Tabb. The players are just so awesome, Buzz just isn't getting through to them. I can't believe Buzz didn't coach him up, in practice, about why you don't break in to school buildings and steal stuff. Buzz is so out of touch.

anyone else laugh at this line:

AD Ron Wellman said [Redacted] has been released from Wake Forest.

"I don't exactly know when it was but it was a few days ago," Wellman said of [Redacted]'s release.

Translation: I don't know and I don't care. Just GTFO.

FIFY

I'm surprised you don't think this is a case of Buzz not being able to relate to Tabb. The players are just so awesome, Buzz just isn't getting through to them. I can't believe Buzz didn't coach him up, in practice, about why you don't break in to school buildings and steal stuff. Buzz is so out of touch.

[Redacted]'s complete failure has nothing to do with the outcome of Tabb's career at Wake. I mean, here are some viable scenarios:

1) Tabb is kicked off the team right after the incident:
"[Redacted] shouldn't have re-recruited him, what an idiot, no leadership to turn him around, all his fault, fire him immediately."

2) Tabb gets through the incident and becomes a great player for Wake:
"[Redacted] is lucky to inherit such a great player, assistant coaches develop players not [Redacted], succeeded despite the system not because of it, fire him immediately."

3) Tabb gets a couple chances but is finally kicked off the team:
"[Redacted] should have known earlier, wasted our time and ruined recruiting by keeping him around, set our program back 10 years, fire him now or I'm blowing up the Joel."

Actually DC, it's not like that. Here's how it should be if you want a clean, quality, classy program.

A kid comes into the program and messes up, he is suspended (for the first time) during the season. That's the kid's warning, his chance to get everything straightened out and in line. When he fails to do that, he should be gone. Set a standard for future recruits so that it doesn't happen again and again. He had his chance. He knew coming to Wake wouldn't be easy. Why let him hang around again until he does something stupid like committing fraud or breaking and entering? If you want a classy program, there's no begging a kid to stay after messing up repeatedly. People who want a clean program shouldn't have a problem with kicking a player off the team for repeated offenses, especially young kids who have multiple offenses in the same year. Giving someone three strikes leads to situations like these.

if guilty how much jail time is something like this likely to carry?

Back