• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's Tabb facing criminal charges

It is indeed strange that no announcement has been made about Ty.

However, do not expect that he will return.

It is indeed strange that no announcement has been made about Ty.

However, do not expect that he will return.

I think they wanted to seperate TY from Melvin. If they talked about both of them on the saem day, it would tie them together.

For whatever reason Ty is not in legal trouble. It would make him look like he was if the announcement was at the same time.

It may be worthwhile to wait until late next week to say anything about Ty. It doesn't harm us to wait and could help Ty.

It makes the program look like they are trying to help him.

I understand that Tabb may not have been one of those kind of recruits...but the point is that once you start recruiting 1,2 & done players, the entire atmosphere changes. Tabb was hanging out with Walker, wasn't he? Skip & Dino made a conscious decision to go the NBA-prep route with the famous (or was it infamous) "A, T & T" recruiting class...and, actually, with Johnson before that...when they had to pull every trick they knew just to get him in school. So, how has that worked out?

I vividly remember J-Ho getting kicked out of Daytonas the night before graduation because his buddies were packing. Just cause they didn't get caught didn't make all of GDO's and skips recruits saints.

christ has any program gone from one of its highest peaks to fucking joke in as short a time

christ has any program gone from one of its highest peaks to fucking joke in as short a time

im really hoping after everything gets linked to the basketball program as well i can answer this question with UNC

I vividly remember J-Ho getting kicked out of Daytonas the night before graduation because his buddies were packing. Just cause they didn't get caught didn't make all of GDO's and skips recruits saints.

Ain't this the truth. I can remember some Skip recruits doing some monumentally stupid shit during my freshman year at Wake.

Maybe Ty turned state's evidence and is going to testify in the trial.

After the trial, he is going into the witness protection program. To effectively protect him and to ensure his anonymity, law enforcement has suggested that he take up permanent residence at LJVM. Seems like he knows how to disappear at that location.

After the trial, he is going into the witness protection program. To effectively protect him and to ensure his anonymity, law enforcement has suggested that he take up permanent residence at LJVM. Seems like he knows how to disappear at that location.
It'll be tough for him to make a rebound there

It'll be tough for him to make a rebound there

I posrepped the shit out of both these posts. :golfclap:

Anybody that thinks Wellman would have fired Dino and used a lot of facts that were unknown to the general public and would be career threatening to Dino is pretty deluded.

Clearly Wellman believes these 'unknown' facts are causes of the post season failures of the program.

Maybe Wellman is trying to justify the Bzz hiring with the 'culture' issue, but politically he divorced the issue from the Dino firing (allowing Dino to not be tainted and potentially get a hc or assistant position).

There is not one good thing that can happen if Ty Walker stays on the team. If he wants to stay at Wake fine, let him graduate. He doesn't need to be with the team though.

There is not one good thing that can happen if Ty Walker stays on the team. If he wants to stay at Wake fine, let him graduate. He doesn't need to be with the team though.

Completely agree. At best it sets a bad precedent. At worst it infects the entire team with his mindset/work ethic and this sort of thing becomes the norm

The rationale for a needed change in the basketball culture becomes even clearer.

Anybody who still thinks the Dino firing was unjustified is living in a dreamworld.

Bzz may not be the right replacement, but Dino had to go.

And Ron Wellman is absolutely correct that this program needed a major cultural transformation.

Anybody who still thinks the Dino firing was unjustified is living in a dreamworld.

And Ron Wellman is absolutely correct that this program needed a major cultural transformation.

Why did Dino have to go other than losing to Cleveland State?

BINGO!!!!!

Yep. As much as I liked Dino and hate to agree.

Jeff Teague - recruited by Skip, played 2 yrs under Dino, Today Show "incident" off the court under Dino (the police and WFU seem to consider it a non-incident), went to NBA.

Gary Clark - "recruited" by Skip, marginally played for 2 yrs under Dino, Today Show "incident" off the court under Dino (the police and WFU seem to consider it a non-incident), played 1 yr for Bz and contributed, graduated.

Tony Woods - recruited by Skip and re-recruited by Dino, zero incidents under Dino off the court, contributed on court for Dino, one incident off the court after Dino was fired and Bzz was hired, left program.

Ty Walker - recruited by Skip and re-recruited by Dino, registered DNPs under Dino and sulked, zero incidents off the court under Dino, played minutes out of necessity under Bz, mysterious incident off the court takes place after yr of playing for Bz, "future" TBD.

AFA - recruited by Skip and re-recruited by Dino, played 2 yrs for Dino, one off-court incident (paintball gun?) under Dino, went to NBA.

Tabb - recruited by Dino and re-recruited by Bz, trouble from the get-go, no contributions on the court and a couple incidents off the court under Bzz, left program.

I think that is everything, and that is a ton for WF basketball. But I don't see Dino as a culprit. There were 2 things that took place under his watch - the Today Show and AFA's paintball adventure. The police and WF apparently both evaluated the Today Show incident at the time and didn't believe the story enough to take action (G$ allowed to play 2 more years on scholly and graduate), and the AFA paintball ridiculousness, and I am pretty sure Dino suspended him for a few games for it.

If anything, Dino had his guys under control, and things spiraled AFTER Dino got the boot. Tabb, Walker, Woods -- none of them had any incidents under Dino (nothing major, to be sure), and all have had some pretty heavy accusations since he was fired.

Bzz was supposed to be brought in to fix this culture, and under his watch (1) a guy was accused of beating his girlfriend and left the program (I guess you have to give him a pass since it happened before Bz could have potentially established any type of mentoring role), (2) another guy was academically ineligible and capped off his one-year career under Bz by showing Bz he was working towards playing the following season and instead stealing a bunch of stuff and being kicked out, and (3) a third guy's future is up in the air for reasons we can only speculate about, but none of which are good. I don't see a lot of culture being fixed here. I see more problems existing where fewer once existed.

Back