• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's Tabb facing criminal charges

He had to re-recruit Tabb or the entire class could fall apart. If any new coach picked and chose among those five it's likely we would have lost more than just that one. There wasn't much choice nor was it likely he knew much about Melvin before the fall.

Giving a kid who hadn't broken the law a chance is not to be considered a negative.

The first part of that is pure speculation.

I personally don't blame Bz for giving him a chance. But you can't lay 100% of the blame for Tabb on Dino when Bz ended up having far more dealings with him, and made far more decisions about him, once all was said and done.

Sounds like you also agree that Dino can't really be blamed for these incidents either.

Dino knew about their problems and still recruited them.

Is he responsible for the specific incidents? No.

Is he responsible for for bringing them in knowing abotu their problems? Yes.

NO...the only thing he could be blamed for is trying to save Melvin from himsrlf. Sometimes you can't.

Where have we ever seen anything that Dino knew Tabb would get arrested for stealing? Did he have a criminal record before he came to Wake? Had Woods ever been arrested for hitting a woman before?

Please share with us what exactly Dino knew, enlightened one.

Giving a kid who hadn't broken the law a chance is not to be considered a negative.

Hmm?

There's a difference between CHOOSING a player whom you know has had problems and trying to make the best out of a bad situation not of your doing.

There's a difference between CHOOSING a player whom you know has had problems and trying to make the best out of a bad situation not of your doing.

Or perhaps Dino didn't know Tabb had problems.

what did dino KNOW about tabb?

Where have we ever seen anything that Dino knew Tabb would get arrested for stealing? Did he have a criminal record before he came to Wake? Had Woods ever been arrested for hitting a woman before?

Please share with us what exactly Dino knew, enlightened one.

Multiple people on this thread have written that scouts knew about Melvin's problems in HS.

Your hatred and irrational response to anythnig that doesn't crucify [Redacted] makes your input predictable and useless.

Multiple people on this thread have written that scouts knew about Melvin's problems in HS.

Your hatred and irrational response to anythnig that doesn't crucify [Redacted] makes your input predictable and useless.

[Redacted] gets an absolute pass as far as Woods is concerned - he hadn't even coached a practice at that point. But he re-recruited Tabb, and even as recently as this spring he must have thought Tabb could redeem himself. At some point, that has to be considered.

The first part of that is pure speculation.

I personally don't blame Bz for giving him a chance. But you can't lay 100% of the blame for Tabb on Dino when Bz ended up having far more dealings with him, and made far more decisions about him, once all was said and done.

LOL RJ.

I don't want to hear your spin on what you think Dino knew about Tabb. please tell us, what did Dino KNOW about Tabb?

Second, if [Redacted] gets a pass for thinking he can get through to Tabb and help him turn things around (which I don't disagree with), why doesn't Dino?

Just because the scouts knew it doesn't mean Dino did. I heard negative things about Tabb's work ethic from the beginning. This isn't exactly an unusual thing to hear about recruits. Obviously Dino misjudged whether or not it would work out once he was in a higher pressure environment. In the end, though, Tabb's mistakes are Tabb's mistakes, not Dino's, not [Redacted]'s.

Your last statement is not worth responding to given that I have hardly even mentioned [Redacted] in this thread.

Nobody? Sorry, Milhouse. I missed the announcement when you were appointed spokesman for the board.

Milhouse is board ombudsman. I thought that was official.

To change the tack for a minute - the elephant in the room is that Walker wasn't charged, which leads me to believe that he was present, he certainly didn't report Tabb, but that he was the follower, Tabb the leader on this and that is why his status is so up in the air - he didn't technically steal anything, etc... to warrant criminal charges, but he didn't run the hell away or call authorities/a coach either.

So, he's either a senior-to-be following an idiot rising sophomore into something stupid - which is tragic/sad, or he's in trouble for something entirely unrelated.

Nice topic change.

The way I look at it this year we're going to suck with or without Ty, but without Ty Carson will get more minutes and will have more security in his starting position (which should allow him to play with more confidence).

Without Ty, we will be really really thin at the 5 and lack size. With Ty, that isn't the case.

When Ty was on the court last year, he posed significant problems for both us and the opponent. Kinda odd, but true.

Oh we will be worse without him than with him, but it isn't like we're going to the tournament anyway.

To change the tack for a minute - the elephant in the room is that Walker wasn't charged, which leads me to believe that he was present, he certainly didn't report Tabb, but that he was the follower, Tabb the leader on this and that is why his status is so up in the air - he didn't technically steal anything, etc... to warrant criminal charges, but he didn't run the hell away or call authorities/a coach either.

So, he's either a senior-to-be following an idiot rising sophomore into something stupid - which is tragic/sad, or he's in trouble for something entirely unrelated.

Or it could just be that they don't have enough evidence to charge Walker yet but they still think he was involved. For instance, maybe they got in with Tabb's ID card or Tabb is on video pawning the stolen items. I'm not saying you're wrong, there are just a lot of possibilities and all we've heard concerning Walker is that his future is still up in the air. It could very well be that there was enough to charge Tabb criminally but not Walker, so they are going forward against him via the Wake judicial system (which it sounds like hasn't happened yet).

I was holding out hope that he was going to pull a half-Visser out of his ass for his senior year, which was going to be, in essence, his "contract" year with Europe/overseas.

He puts up 8 and 8 with the same number of blocks, or 10 and 6 and the same number of blocks, then he gets a six figure salary somewhere. Now, very unclear. To make matters worse, he may have toiled 3 years at Wake, gotten very little playing time, and walk away without a Wake degree. It's just very sad unless he is somehow survives this summer.

Back