• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Golf 2024 - Women’s NCAA Regionals May 6-8; Men's NCAA Regionals May 13-15

There's a 16 year old tied for medalist honors right now at -7. He's finished with his 36 holes
That 16 year-old, Blades Brown, has now advanced through the first two rounds of match play. FWIW, his mother, Rhonda Blades Brown, played hoop at Vandy and in the WNBA. She was the first WNBA player to make a three pointer.

1692282243185.jpeg

That 16 year-old, Blades Brown, has now advanced through the first two rounds of match play.

One round. He lost to a kid from Auburn in the 2nd round.

Looking forward to the TV coverage from 6-9 tonight.

Surratt lost in the Round of 32 in 22 holes, which caused the next match to start an hour late.....which produced some great drama in the darkness last night (under the auxiliary lights). One guy drives it in the water but still gets up-and-down for par to halve the hole and send it to extras tomorrow morning. His opponent, someone who only took up golf 6 years ago, and was on the UVA club team for 3 years up until the point the UVA coach was scouting one of his playing partners in a local USGA qualifier, saw the kid play, and immediately bumped him up to the varsity team. And now he is in the Round of 16 in the US Amateur, great stuff.

US Am down to the semifinals:

Nick Dunlap (rising soph at Bama) v. Parker Bell (rising soph at Florida)
Will Shipley (transferred from JMU to tOSU) v. John Marshall Butler (rising senior at Auburn)

Every remaining player has had at least one match go extra holes in this tourney.

WF Fall Golf is about to tee off. Here is a quick update:

The WF Women:

The Lady Deacs open their season as defending champs in the Anika Intercollegiate September 11 (Monday) - September 13 in Minnesota. The Deacs won this event in 2022.

The field:
Intercollegiate%2012%20Team%20-%202023.jpg

Currently, WF only has a 6 player roster. The Deacs lose Emilia Migliaccio and Lauren Walsh off last year's squad, but add local product Macy Pate, and Canadian Brooke Rivers.

The WF Men:

The Deacon men open the season in Washington State at the "Sahalee Players Championship". Hosted by Big 10 future member Washington Huskies.

The men return 2023 ACC Individual Champ Michael Brennan, Collin Adams, Scotty Kennon and Marshall Meisel, among others, from last season's team. The Deacs add HC Jerry Haas's son, Kyle Haas, long with two highly rated Euros: Italian Marco Florioli and German Tom Haberer.

The WF Women:

The Lady Deacs open their season as defending champs in the Anika Intercollegiate September 11 (Monday) - September 13 in Minnesota. The Deacs won this event in 2022.

The field:

Currently, WF only has a 6 player roster. The Deacs lose Emilia Migliaccio and Lauren Walsh off last year's squad, but add local product Macy Pate, and Canadian Brooke Rivers.

The WF Men:

The Deacon men open the season in Washington State at the "Sahalee Players Championship". Hosted by Big 10 future member Washington Huskies.

The men return 2023 ACC Individual Champ Michael Brennan, Collin Adams, Scotty Kennon and Marshall Meisel, among others, from last season's team. The Deacs add HC Jerry Haas's son, Kyle Haas, long with two highly rated Euros: Italian Marco Florioli and German Tom Haberer.
Is Haas any good or is this a walk-on because he’s the coach’s kid situation?

I played in the Wyndham Invitational w him in the am am event…great kid but unlikely to make the top 5 for a few years but it’s golf so who knows. Kid as you can imagine bleeds black and gold. When we played last year he had an offer from Davidson.

on another note Mark Power has gone pro, m I wrong in thinking he had eligibility left?

He is the No.1 recruit from NC in the '23 class.

Looks like we're ranked 9th in the overall '23 class rankings. Arizona State has a 5 man recruiting class. That feels pretty stout for golf.

I played in the Wyndham Invitational w him in the am am event…great kid but unlikely to make the top 5 for a few years but it’s golf so who knows. Kid as you can imagine bleeds black and gold. When we played last year he had an offer from Davidson.

on another note Mark Power has gone pro, m I wrong in thinking he had eligibility left?
Sidenote that Alex Fitzpatrick and Mark Power were paired together today at the Irish Open. Both were -2 the last time I checked.

Power eagled 18 to shoot -4, while Alex finished at -3. Lead is at -7.

Great first day. Alex has really come onto the scene lately.

He was a senior

He is the No.1 recruit from NC in the '23 class.

Looks like we're ranked 9th in the overall '23 class rankings. Arizona State has a 5 man recruiting class. That feels pretty stout for golf.
which would likely not make him a top 150 national recruit…he’s no Macy Pate who was the top HS women’s golfer in NC

The WF Women:

The field:

The WF Men:

I wonder if all 6 women will be able to compete- They are all elite players.

Is Haas any good or is this a walk-on because he’s the coach’s kid situation?
He’s good. #1 high school player in NC, won the Eastern Amateur this summer and I think he won an AJGA event this year too. Ranked #50 on AJGA tour for the class of ‘23. If I recall correctly, his led Forsyth Country Day to a couple of state championships too.

Last edited:
which would likely not make him a top 150 national recruit…he’s no Macy Pate who was the top HS women’s golfer in NC
He’s actually the male equivalent of Macy Pate. He was the top HS male golfer in NC. Ranked #50 on AJGA tour class of ‘23 list.

He’s actually the male equivalent of Macy Pate. He was the top HS male golfer in NC. Ranked #50 on AJGA tour class of ‘23 list.

Do we expect Macy to play in the Annika next week?

I'm so pumped to follow her career at Wake.

I see that Wake & VT are both playing in the Schooner Invitational later this month. How cool would a Morgan/Macy Reagan reunion be?

Back