• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WAKE/GT GAME THREAD

CJ has won 3 ACC road games out of 36. One of those was the Ish Smith NBA audition in Chapel Hill.

Okay, that doesn't mean he isn't a leader, that just mean's he's been on shitty teams coached by a shitty coach for the last three years.

But keep on making excuses for [Redacted].

There is a huge difference between a leader on the floor and a player that can score.

I just don't think it's in either CJ or Travis' personality to take control of the team. If I'm a senior on this team and we pull this crap today, I'd be in guys faces right from the start. And if practice was going badly I'd be in their faces there as well.

Don't confuse scoring with leadership. CJ can always get his, getting the others to get theirs is where the leadership comes in.

I disagree with this completely. CJ plays his guts out, is constantly talking to his team, is encouraging the the freshmen every game and I'm sure in practice. What your are avoiding is the obvious. Bzz sucks donkey ass. CJ could be Larry Bird and Bzz would still suck donkey ass. Sooner or later this is going to sink in. Promise.

Okay, that doesn't mean he isn't a leader, that just mean's he's been on shitty teams coached by a shitty coach for the last three years.

But keep on making excuses for [Redacted].

I guess you mean two bad coaches.

CJ is a leader.

Travis is not a leader.
Which just reinforces my belief we'll be equally as bad next year, not only having trouble replacing CJ's scoring but his leadership.

Last edited:
CJ is a leader.

Travis is not a leader.

I hear both of them talk on the post game after losses and they seem to accepting of what is happening.

Just my opinion, obviously others will have different opinions.

I guess you mean two bad coaches.

No, I said three years, not four.

You're letting your bias show if you think our road performance in '09-10 was at all comparable to what we've seen under [Redacted]. We won two games and had a chance to win three more in the last minute.

ETA: we also won @ #16 Gonzaga that year, not to mention having a very competitive game @ #6 Purdue.

Last edited:
Losing is habit forming. And they have both lost for the majority of their Wake careers.

Which just reinforces my belief we'll be equally as bad next year, not only having trouble replacing CJ's scoring but his leadership.

IMO, Devin & CMM have the personalities to be team leaders. Whether they will step into that role on the team is up to them, I guess. Travis will be looked to for leadership simply because he will be a Sr.

This team has a long road ahead of them, thats for sure. The talent is there, as are players with a good, strong work ethic. I just hope the RW makes smart decisions for the benefit of this program.

No, I said three years, not four.

You're letting your bias show if you think our road performance in '09-10 was at all comparable to what we've seen under [Redacted]. We won two games and had a chance to win three more in the last minute.

ETA: we also won @ #16 Gonzaga that year, not to mention having a very competitive game @ #6 Purdue.

Common, Purdue? IIRC we made it a game but not sure I'd call it competitive.

IMO, Devin & CMM have the personalities to be team leaders. Whether they will step into that role on the team is up to them, I guess. Travis will be looked to for leadership simply because he will be a Sr.

This team has a long road ahead of them, thats for sure. The talent is there, as are players with a good, strong work ethic. I just hope the RW makes smart decisions for the benefit of this program.

I could see Devin at the leader, he looks like he really does not like to lose. Very passionate on the floor.

Common, Purdue? IIRC we made it a game but not sure I'd call it competitive.

Yeah, I guess it wasn't as close as I was remembering, but we did lead at the half and kept it within single digits for most of the second. Regardless, my point stands.

At least I can always count on the Spurs during the regular season. :)

Back