• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake / Jacksonville Game Thread...

Can someone explain why attempts at legitimate basketball or, for that matter, sports discussion on Wake sports boards are met with sarcasm and derision from the nattering nabobs of negativity who are supposedly Wake fans? It's a tired act and one that takes away greatly from the enjoyment of reading and posting about Wake sports.

Did you watch the game? Serious question because from my vantage point, those numbers resulted more from the fact that Jacksonville is not good at basketball because it certainly wasn't due to a lack of good looks...

Well, we disagree. I see a team that has noticeably improved. Defense has a ways to go and that has been echoed across the board. Every guy on the team knows it and expresses a desire to improve (concentration basically).

I see a work in progress and a much higher ceiling. You can see it -- you can also hear it in Cotten's voice. Those guys calling the game for Wake are not morose as they certainly sounded last season.

Can someone explain why attempts at legitimate basketball or, for that matter, sports discussion on Wake sports boards are met with sarcasm and derision from the nattering nabobs of negativity who are supposedly Wake fans? It's a tired act and one that takes away greatly from the enjoyment of reading and posting about Wake sports.

What?

Sorry for the confusion. There are just some posters who keep their needles sharpened at all times and can't move on to legitimate discussion. We all know buzz is not a good coach, and was a bad hire. At first, I thought it could be a good move on Wellman's part but after you get to know buzz you wonder how he could made that move. I get that. Still, there's a team out there trying to get better and working to make the post season. It's doubtful they will but who would've thought Florida Gulf Coast would make it to the Sweet 16 and especially in such a dramatic way. So you watch and you wonder.

There ought to be a time when you get past the buzz hire, recognize it for what it is, and focus on what's in front of you. So the time for needling is over and let's just talk about Wake sports. Hope that's not too much to ask.

Well, we disagree. I see a team that has noticeably improved. Defense has a ways to go and that has been echoed across the board. Every guy on the team knows it and expresses a desire to improve (concentration basically).

I see a work in progress and a much higher ceiling. You can see it -- you can also hear it in Cotten's voice. Those guys calling the game for Wake are not morose as they certainly sounded last season.

It's easy to see "improvement" when the KenPom rankings of the teams you beat are 287, 344, 274, 282 out of 351. Next up is 336. It's better than losing this shit, but come one, take off the sunshine up your ass glasses. These games only tell us that maybe we aren't in the bottom 20% of college basketball. Yee fucking ha. Atlantis/Richmond/St Bonnie will tell us a lot.

I've never been a fan of this dude's posts and/or logical constructs, but "nattering nabobs of negativity" does have a certain ring to it.

It's easy to see "improvement" when the KenPom rankings of the teams you beat are 287, 344, 274, 282 out of 351. Next up is 336. It's better than losing this shit, but come one, take off the sunshine up your ass glasses. These games only tell us that maybe we aren't in the bottom 20% of college basketball. Yee fucking ha. Atlantis/Richmond/St Bonnie will tell us a lot.

What a load of shit. What it comes down to is you all are not going to allow any conversation or point at any positives.

You are too invested in your position and you can't and won't change regardless what this team does.

I support the guys and I definitely see improvement. They fucking dismantled that team last night and in the first 5 minutes. But they are clearly leaning toward depth and minutes as opposed to beating those guys by 30 points. Wouldn't have gained any praise anyway.

This team has a different vibe ...and rolling with CMM, Devin, Cav, Mad, Moto, Coron, Tree, McKie and company.

Keep running the ball!

What a load of shit. What it comes down to is you all are not going to allow any conversation or point at any positives.

You are too invested in your position and you can't and won't change regardless what this team does.

I support the guys and I definitely see improvement. They fucking dismantled that team last night and in the first 5 minutes. But they are clearly leaning toward depth and minutes as opposed to beating those guys by 30 points. Wouldn't have gained any praise anyway.

This team has a different vibe ...and rolling with CMM, Devin, Cav, Mad, Moto, Coron, Tree, McKie and company.

Keep running the ball!

You didn't watch the game, this I now know.

You didn't watch the game, this I now know.
33-17 in how long then?

Right from the tip. It doesn't matter to me what the guys on this board say...I already know that by heart. I know what I can see. I see 2 future 1st Team All-ACC Sophomores leading a driven bunch of talented kids who clearly feel their backs against the wall and in the sights of their own fans.

Last edited:

"riff-raff"

Back