• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake / Jacksonville Game Thread...

He made the goal tending signal while staring at the Jax player lying on the floor. Which, in the moment probably looked like taunting to the ref. They announced it as a class A technical, which a quick google search shows that it includes taunting.

The officiating this season is hyper-sensitive. But I bet it won't apply to Duke...or, UNC for that matter.

You guys worry too much. Just like football, Bzzie is holding back the good stuff so Kansas can't prepare for BuzzBall.

Devin was in intense pain when he was fouled late in the game. He appeared to have injured his hip.

He had 3 fouls in the first half, pretty much made him ineffective the rest of the game.

And by ineffective, 8 points on 2/4 shooting, 16 rbs, 5 assts, 1 blk. 3 fouls for the game.

In the bizarre world of Bzz tonight was progress. This is exactly the game we would lose the last 3 years. Instead of the traditional 1 step forward two back, this was just one step back. Not a great game but they pulled it together in the end.

We'll find out next week what the truth is about this team. At this point I've been surprised we are scoring so well. The losing CJ was supposed to be the demise of our offense.

Yes the competition is weak, but we've scored 80+ in 3 of 4 games. Last year we scored 80+ 4 times in total. This year 90 twice, last year 90 once.

If, and it's a big if, Coron continues to shoot well from the outside, when you have Devin inside, CMM strong enough to drive the lane and finish and getting consistent play from Travis, we will get our points. The defense might not stop the other team from scoring but we should be able to put up some solid number on the offensive end with an inside and outside game.

If, and it's a big if, Coron continues to shoot well from the outside, when you have Devin inside, CMM strong enough to drive the lane and finish and getting consistent play from Travis, we will get our points. The defense might not stop the other team from scoring but we should be able to put up some solid number on the offensive end with an inside and outside game against Jacksonville.

FIFY (I know you mentioned it earlier, but I just wanted to reiterate.)

Starting 11/28 we are going to get our asses handed to us. We will be at best 1-2 in the holiday tourney and then have 1 cupcake and then 2 back to back top 100 teams. Jeff B doesn't win in these situations so the loses are coming and coming soon.

Starting 11/28 we are going to get our asses handed to us. We will be at best 1-2 in the holiday tourney and then have 1 cupcake and then 2 back to back top 100 teams. Jeff B doesn't win in these situations so the loses are coming and coming soon.

Top 100... :eek:

Devin was in intense pain when he was fouled late in the game. He appeared to have injured his hip.
Seemed like Devin brought that on himself as he had an easy path to the basket. Instead, he tried to go through the defender and slam it which resulted in a hard fall. Prior to this year, he'd of been called for charging there.

outside of year 1, we haven't lost to a team as bad as jacksonville at home.

Seemed like Devin brought that on himself as he had an easy path to the basket. Instead, he tried to go through the defender and slam it which resulted in a hard fall. Prior to this year, he'd of been called for charging there.

Yeah that was crazy. He went straight kamikaze on that play. He popped right back up after it looked like he'd crushed his hip... I thought, "man, that's gonna hurt like a bitch tomorrow."

Back