• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake / Jacksonville Game Thread...

Iowa and Oklahoma State are even lower than us. Kansas will take care of it.

I'm not worried about SoS. I'm worried that the fuckjobs in the ADs office are stroking their 3 inch dongs over a 4-0 record while playing, by far, the worst schedule of any ACC team. TeamRankings has us at 324. Clemson (3-0) is next at 246.

This felt like the football game against Liberty last season (or whenever it was). Yeah, we ended up with a win, but it was against a team that we should have blown out; and it was apparent that we hadn't improved in the areas that had been keeping us from being a decent team. Tonight showed me that we are still horrible at on-ball defense, defending screen and roll, shot selection, and FT shooting. In essence, this looked a lot like the team that got blown out by Nebraska.

How fucking awful must Presbyterian be?

(Also, for the first time ever, I actually spelled Presbyterian right without spell check, thanks Wake Forest scheduling!)

Here's how awful, Presby beat Toccoa Falls tonight by 10. The same Toccoa Falls team that lost to Bob Jones University by 15.

I would bet that Presby wasn't all that great a couple of years ago when they beat us. It still boggles the mind to think of some of the teams that Bzz has lost to. Perhaps in a few years, when we have real coach and the program is back on semi-solid footing, we can laugh about it.

Bzz

- first 8 minute of the game we were really good. Give Jax credit they are relentless in their effort
- proud of our guys for being able to battle through it
- need more consistent defensive effort
- got careless with the ball in the open court being too cute
- we knew DT's rebounding was best in the country, but he also is a great passer, he will find guys with an inside out play
- 17 offensive boards in 1st half, if we finished better and go up like a man and not soft
- Travis rock solid steady today
- I have great confidence in Travis' game.
- Andre gave us some good minutes
- Thanks to the fans who come out tonight
- broke season down into various seasons, 1st 5 goal to be undefeated in 1st season, only then will we look at Kansas.

Iowa and Oklahoma State are even lower than us. Kansas will take care of it.

Iowa and Oklahoma State have outscored their 7 opponents (all sub-240) by an average margin of 45+ points per game.

Kansas will get their chance to flex their muscle on November 28th.

Bzz

- first 8 minute of the game we were really good. Give Jax credit they are relentless in their effort
- proud of our guys for being able to battle through it
- need more consistent defensive effort
- got careless with the ball in the open court being too cute
- we knew DT's rebounding was best in the country, but he also is a great passer, he will find guys with an inside out play
- 17 offensive boards in 1st half, if we finished better and go up like a man and not soft
- Travis rock solid steady today
- I have great confidence in Travis' game.
- Andre gave us some good minutes
- Thanks to the fans who come out tonight
- broke season down into various seasons, 1st 5 goal to be undefeated in 1st season, only then will we look at Kansas.

Did he say "fans" or just name the few that were there by name?

I'm pretty sure that real fans include anybody still watching this mess.

I would bet that Presby wasn't all that great a couple of years ago when they beat us. It still boggles the mind to think of some of the teams that Bzz has lost to. Perhaps in a few years, when we have real coach and the program is back on semi-solid footing, we can laugh about it.

Here's an interesting tidbit about the 2010-'11 Presby team that beat us. They had just finished their four year probationary period while making the jump from D2 to D1. As a result, '10-'11 was their first year of eligibility for the Big South Conference Championship. They had four players take a redshirt season the year before so their Seniors could have a chance at making the NCAA Tourney. These players otherwise would have played that year. One of them was the big guy in the post who we couldn't guard and made layup after layup to hold off our rallies.

They beat Auburn the game before us, beat Princeton earlier, and gave Mizzou and K-State tough games as well. It was a fluke of many things coming together at once that helped Presby pull the upset.

Does anyone know what Codi's technical was for?

It looked like he was signaling the call after his shot to the official. It wasn't anything over-the-top from what I saw on the screen, but if you catch an official at the wrong time, those things happen. He just needs to leave the coaching to B................ I can't say it.

Does anyone know what Codi's technical was for?

Seemed pretty bogus on the replay. He got fouled on the drive and it looked like Jax might have goal tended the shot. He made a basket good sign toward either the ref or the player who was sprawled out on the baseline who fouled him. Unless he said something to the ref, there was no need to T him up for that as the commentators were questioning whether the Jax player had touched the ball or backboard when the ball was on the rim.

Back