• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-Maryland Game Thread

Any golden nuggets from Bz on the postgame tonight? Or does that only become a topic of convo when we lose in embarrassing fashion?

Last edited:
Chase's defense was much worse than him missing that 1&1, in my opinion.

Completely agree with this. finally someone else is seeing this.

don't be shocked to see him drop to fourth or fifth guard (if Tree plays some guard) next year.

The fouls were outrageous. Each of CJ's drives would have been fouls had MD done them.

The goaltending that was missed in the first half was obvious and came back to haunt us.

As to Padgett vs. Travis, Travis was never in position. It's semi-understandable as he was our entire offense. But he did get abused.

Padgett is, literally, the best offensive rebounder in the country. He also has 3 inches on Travis.

The team has really shown some heart in the last two games. Good to see, hope it continues.

Chase was on Stoglin for a couple of possesions early and got burned. He should never be on a scoring guard like that man to man. I like how active he is in the zone but he can't guard athletic wings in man.

One thing is this team keeps playing.

It's really sad Ty doesn't have another year. If he was coming back we could easily be a 20-22 win team next year.

We should easily be a 20-22 win team next year regardless.

eta: perhaps easily is the wrong word, but we should win 20ish games.

Padgett is, literally, the best offensive rebounder in the country. He also has 3 inches on Travis.

It wasn't just Padgett. He only played 19 minutes.

Pankey also got six offensive rebounds.

I should have said Travis got abused by MD on the boards.

Travis is a decently athletic, fairly skinny 6'6 SF. He was playing Padgett and Len in the post...

That we don't hold our 7'0s to the same standard is absurd.

Ty and Carson (for the 10 minutes he played) played very well. Len was basically a non-factor-well if not the lazy calls by the ref.

I LOVE Travis. I LOVE his effort. I LOVE how he's improved his shot. He didn't play Len.

Tonight's the night we really missed not having Devin, Moto and Tree.

We should easily be a 20-22 win team next year regardless.

eta: perhaps easily is the wrong word, but we should win 20ish games.

Who is posting under TBR's name? :)

I'm guessing there will be several more.

I bring up Len only because Len and Padgett were the only guys on the offensive boards for UMD.

Watching NCSU right now and really happy that we didn't blow a scholarship on Thomas de Thaey...

State is looking a hot mess right now. Down 9 at home to GT approaching the half.

It is time for WFU to try this front line:

SF - McKie
PF - Desrosiers and tell him to box somebody out
C - Walker

Seems like that would ensure we grab defensive boards - our MAIN weakness.

I'm guessing there will be several more.

I bring up Len only because Len and Padgett were the only guys on the offensive boards for UMD.

Normally you watch the game well, but this one is really off.

Len had ONE offensive reb ound. Ty and Carson dominated him.

Pankey had SIX.

It is time for WFU to try this front line:

SF - McKie
PF - Desrosiers and tell him to box somebody out
C - Walker

Seems like that would ensure we grab defensive boards - our MAIN weakness.

I agree and have been proposing that almost all year. I might even have Daniel and Nikita equally split the other minutes.

Ty and Carson (for the 10 minutes he played) played very well. Len was basically a non-factor-well if not the lazy calls by the ref.

I LOVE Travis. I LOVE his effort. I LOVE how he's improved his shot. He didn't play Len.

We really missed 3 HS seniors tonight that haven't played a minute of college basketball? Jesus H....

Such a ridiculous statement, especially from a person that has never seen any of the three players in question play a basketball game live.

We really missed 3 HS seniors tonight that haven't played a minute of college basketball? Jesus H...

We missed three players that we didn't have when our seven man rotation fouled out, got tired, etc. Not sure that's a stretch. It actually is pretty reasonable.

You're blinded by your RJ hatred, DV7...

Back