• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Men's Soccer - Loses to JMU in Rd of 32

Yeah, I mean, I hate UNCC as much as anybody, but I don't fault them for playing a style of soccer that gives them a chance to win the championship. If they had tried to build a 20-pass attack from the back they would have been out in the first round. You can blame the ref for not handing out three or four yellows early in the game.

Wow, Charlotte was paying him only $65K. Yea, of course he was gonna bolt at the first offer -- especially one from Stanford. I hope he's pulling like $350K.

Olympic sport coaches don't make anywhere near what you think they do, even successful ones. Elmar Bolowich was only making 90k a year at Carolina, so 65k at Charlotte for not having accomplished much at the time is pretty darn good. Heck, Anson Dorrance, who has won 20 national titles for Carolina's women's team only makes 125k

I'm guessing he's making in the 90-110 range at Stanford, but certainly not much more than that

If he's only making $100K at Stanford after making $65K at UNC-C then his standard of living just dropped precipitously.

Back