• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake named most beautiful campus in NC by Travel and Leisure

some of those pictures do the schools no favors, like U of Chicago and Creighton, unless that's really the best those states got. They could have used a lot better pics of Wake and UVA, among others.

Yeah, same for IU in Bloomington, which a really beautiful campus.

They probably didn't want to pay for copyrighted pics and they certainly weren't going to hire a photographer so they slummed through the internet. The Wake picture really sucks.

It seems as though the "winning" universities would have been happy to provide illustrations for this purpose.

2000C_campus_aerial054.jpg

WakeForestUniversity.png

Personal feelings about the institution aside, what do you guys think of Duke's campus? Seems like I've mostly been there on cold, dreary days, but the whole gothic thing just creeps me out a bit.

I remember cutting my Duke tour short 20 plus years ago. It was laughably dreary. Good setting for a Scooby Doo movie. Bad place to go to class every day.

as an architectural decision, i don't like red brick. the buildings on campus are fine but uninteresting.

Back