• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake named most beautiful campus in NC by Travel and Leisure

would be way prettier without all that garbage ass brick in the background

Bartter-House-tulips-JR-w.JPG
314879_original.jpg

this is more itc's style

Don't go to NCSU. Red brick nightmare.

I remember walking off the campus tour in between interviews for the Park scholarship. I remember telling my parents, "We're just wasting our time. There's no way I'm going to school here." I think it was all the bricks. I didn't even go to my second set of interviews that afternoon.

I remember walking off the campus tour in between interviews for the Park scholarship. I remember telling my parents, "We're just wasting our time. There's no way I'm going to school here." I think it was all the bricks. I didn't even go to my second set of interviews that afternoon.

Hah.

I distinctly remember having the exact opposite reaction to Wake. When I visited, I knew it was my school almost immediately.

Hah.

I distinctly remember having the exact opposite reaction to Wake. When I visited, I knew it was my school almost immediately.

me too. I recall walking up onto the quad between Wait and Poteat (or Huffman or whatever) and it was a beautiful spring day and I was SOLD. Just felt right.

had I known I was signing up for a lifetime of sprots misery maybe I'd have thought a little harder, but oh well. My second choice was Vandy so it's not like I was going to be happier elsewhere.

This was my experience at Duke. Dreary, rainy day. Left the tour early b/c there was no way I was going there.

This was my experience at Duke. Dreary, rainy day. Left the tour early b/c there was no way I was going there.

I also had that experience at Duke. I also toured Carolina but hated it due to the tool that was our tour guide.

crazy what ultimately affects such monumental decisions in one's life. a rainy day, a shitty undergrad tour-guide, the time of year/foliage

crazy what ultimately affects such monumental decisions in one's life. a rainy day, a shitty undergrad tour-guide, the time of year/foliage

Yeah when I visited Davidson, there was a lot of construction on campus so it was just dirt and fences and workers. Summertime, so no students. Visited Wake on the same trip and with summer school and/or camps and whatnot, there were a lot of people walking around campus which made it feel so much more lively.

Yeah when I visited Davidson, there was a lot of construction on campus so it was just dirt and fences and workers. Summertime, so no students. Visited Wake on the same trip and with summer school and/or camps and whatnot, there were a lot of people walking around campus which made it feel so much more lively.

The sheer size of Wake's campus for the number of students is what sold me. I remember coming in off of University and seeing students playing intramurals....the student body looked a lot more normal in some sense than Davidson, Duke or UVA. And back in the mid 90's there were far fewer buildings on campus so the places felt huge, open and comfortable. Having D-1 sports with such a small undergrad population was great too. Perfect fit for me coming out of a poor small town near Gainesville where a lot of my friends treated UF as a commuter school and missed the college experience over the weekends.

That isn't what made the decision for me. I was already pretty sure I was not going to go to Duke. But it was what made me say forget this and just leave in the middle of a tour.

That isn't what made the decision for me. I was already pretty sure I was not going to go to Duke. But it was what made me say forget this and just leave in the middle of a tour.

I mean, i decided to go to wake because it was a small lib arts college with a well regarded Biz program and competitive in the ACC. but visiting the campus sealed it for me. i know many people who decided to not apply to schools solely on shitty tours. i'm not criticizing it; just observing

Back